Viewing 6 posts - 41 through 46 (of 46 total)
  • I've just been to Cash Generators . . .
  • mamadirt
    Free Member

Do it! I did the same to an old Orange C16R, dragging it kicking and screaming into the 21st Century (even had all the cable guides removed to run it singlespeed) . . . wish I’d kept it 😕

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

wish I’d kept it

😆

If I had a pound for ever time you’ve said that, I’d have around eighty-three pounds, Mama. 😀

mamadirt
    Free Member

Yeah, and I’d have no more room in my kitchen 😆

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Just use the kids’ bedrooms, innit?

GW
    Free Member

Mama, an update

get on to the council about the weeds, path, wall etc. 😉

Bought an old (circa 1999) 18″ GT Tempest (complete original spec – 1 lady owner 😉 ) for £20 from a friend to replace the rubbish womens ahem.. “mtb” my GF has had for years (obviously too big so was looking for a cheap 15-17″ frame to build all the parts onto – Thanks mama 😀 ).
    Switched the 130mm stem for an old 50mm DH stem I had kicking around. Bars to some nice Race Face XC risers off here (£12) and switched the pedals and saddle to V8s and a Spank DJ stem I took off a race BMX I bought from here too. they’re both hideous but will do the job (comfy enough for my GF without going womens specific so I can er.. borrow it ;))

rides well and with the seat slammed it jumps nicely (even with 65mm? of ropey dried out elastomer non damped suspension up front)

mamadirt
    Free Member

Wow Gary – you’ve done a great job on that 8) – glad it’s finally got a good home.

Viewing 6 posts - 41 through 46 (of 46 total)

The topic ‘I've just been to Cash Generators . . .’ is closed to new replies.