Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 46 total)
  • I've just been to Cash Generators . . .
  • mamadirt
    Free Member

😳

. . . but at £49.95 it was cheaper than a decent lock. I’ll be spending the weekend turning it into a presentable(ish) commute bike.

Oh and those bars will be the first to go. Riser bars and quill stems? Noooooo.

Gary_C

That saddle looks painful……

😉

portlyone

Did they not have a cheap lawnmower? 😉

nickf
    Free Member

Hang on, it’s got far too few colours to be one of yours, if the rainbow-hued bike you had at MM was anything to go on.

Kevevs
    Free Member

perfectly serviceable bike. just fixed one up for a workmate. rubbish forks.

mamadirt
    Free Member

Patience Nick – I’ll post an update after the weekend – I have a toolbox full of different coloured cable outers 8)

Did they not have a cheap lawnmower?

😆

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Oh good lord what’s she gone and bought this time…. 🙄

What was that you said on saturday, Mama? something about sticking with just the one bike? Hmm?

Not bad that though. Bung a rigid fork on and SS it, good to go!

sweatyyeti
    Free Member

I bet that weighs a few tons!

Go for ‘rat look’ and take all the paint off with a wire cup brush.

mamadirt
    Free Member

Spent last night reading lock reviews and watching youtube clips of croppers and got paranoid Elf. Yep, already got my eye on a pair of chrome rigids . . . should I spray it orange? 😉

Kevevs
    Free Member

36t front 18t or 16t rear. rigid fork .They’ve got slick 1.75 tyres in asda at the mo ten quid each.

scaredypants

lolling at portlyone

allthepies
    Free Member

£50 !

You were done.

fourbanger
    Free Member

I got a lovely old pair of B&W speakers in Cashconverters for about 40 quid. Twin drivers, sealed, big ol things they were. Just right for a bit of dub.

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

should I spray it orange?

You’re incorrigible, Mama. 😐

I think you should, actually. 🙂

mamadirt
    Free Member

Hmmmmmmm, on reflection I think this may have been an impulse buy. Already have £40 quids worth of seat, post and clamp completely unnecessary spending in my CRC basket but fortunately the ‘net has been playing up tonight . . . maybe I should’ve saved the cash and put it towards that Almax chain after all 🙄 . It’s not orange and it’s not tiny (stickered as a 16″ but measures 18″ centre to top) 😕 – how can I love a bike with no orange or tinyness? Reckon I may just give it a bit of tlc (and some yellow cables) and see what ebay brings.

Kevevs
    Free Member

Paint your bicycle and bits orange if it makes you happy!

mamadirt
    Free Member

Well it wouldn’t be the first time Kev 😉

Rickos
    Free Member

mama in impulse buy shocker

😀

tomaso
    Free Member

Wow a genuine purchase from Smack Converters

fasthaggis

Thanks for finding my stolen bike .
    I have told the police to stand down ,so if you could just post up your address, I can pick it up over the weekend.
    Thanks again ,I never thought I would see it again. 😉

mamadirt
    Free Member

😆

mamadirt
    Free Member

Not one to give up, the Aggressor frame has now been sold and I’ve sourced this little baby for not a lot more . . .

Pretty beat up but a little tlc and time with a tiny paintbrush touching up the decals has it looking pretty good I reckon. Most of the bits off the Aggressor will transfer over (forks barely move but look quite presentable now they’ve been stripped to raw), although I’m going for flat bars and purple finishing kit. By tomorrow I should have myself a new shopping bike 😛 . Oh and check out the flame decals 8)

ScottChegg
    Free Member

Frying pan – Fire

Good luck

gonetothehills
    Free Member

Glad I’m not the only who has (on the odd occasion) started with the bottle cage bolts and worked upwards! 😳 Go for it Mamadirt – the blingest shopper out there in progress…?

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Good Lord, don’t tell me she’s bought another tiny bike?? 😯

Have you still got that blue Intense, Mama?

RustyMac

What happened to our Friday night build thread ?!? 😥 i feel robbed

mamadirt
    Free Member

Have you still got that blue Intense, Mama?

Of course – it has a blue seatpost now too 😛

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Blimey, so you’ve had that one for quite some time now then? 😀

mamadirt
    Free Member

Yeah over a month . . . maybe I should buy it a(nother) birthday present 8)

Timberline is all done and feels pretty good. Crying out for a nice pair of rigid forks though I reckon. These ladies approved 😆 . . .

gonetothehills
    Free Member

Sooooo…. is that a purple seatpost, brake levers and valve caps that you just had to have to match the bottle cage bolts? 🙂 I like your style!

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

WTF…

What on Earth are all those little pigs doing out running about in’t countryside???? 😯

What is going on in this country, dangerous animals all over the place??!?!

Not really sure if that bike is quite tiny enough for you Mama.

mamadirt
    Free Member

Yeah, it’s weird, the Uzzi has more standover clearance but the Timberline is very short for a 16.5″ frame. Fine for the shops though.

Gonetothehills – ‘bankrupt-surplus’ and ‘bankrupt_bike_parts’ have loads of purple bits and pieces on ebay for much cheapness – it would’ve been rude not too 😉

gonetothehills
    Free Member

Darn it – more reasons to look for things I never knew I never needed. Current project has lots of white bits on it (bit like me) so thought I’d type “white” into the search box on the 2nd shop you mention.

I’ve found these.

Just sort of vaguely reminded me of the white Porcupines I had on my blue Rockhopper Comp in, ooh, about 1991. Sadly, they’re not suitable for anything I’ve got now – they say they’re “Great for Ladies MTB or ATB Bike” so I’ll have to leave them for you… 😳

mamadirt
    Free Member

Oooh, white with gum wall – I may just have to 😆 . I always ran a white Porc on the front back in the day – sadly I sold my old bald one for peanuts 😡

juiced
    Free Member

that’s the best commuter i’ve seen you with mamadirt! Don’t think you’ll go far wrong with a little gt. 🙂
    Hope you enjoy it’s ride.

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Were those the ones what were so soft they’d leave a white stripe along a tarmac road?

gonetothehills
    Free Member

Elfinsafety – Member
    Were those the ones what were so soft they’d leave a white stripe along a tarmac road?

Yes – they had a lifespan measured in yards! Added to that, they were spectacularly lethal in the wet – especially wet chalk, IIRC. However – they looked cool, so it didn’t really matter 🙂

NOS ones fetch mad money on fleabay – over a hundred pounds a pair. Wish I’d stuck some in the loft…

mamadirt – Member
    Oooh, white with gum wall – I may just have to .

Do it mamadirt – we’ll look forward to the photos 8)

juiced
    Free Member

just had a proper look at the pics – looks lovely.

mamadirt
    Free Member

Cheers!

RestlessNative
    Free Member

nice!

I still have an old timberline frame, reynolds 525 or something, hanging in the shed that I am toying with rebuilding rigid

thinking of having a disk mount welded on it out back

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 46 total)

The topic ‘I've just been to Cash Generators . . .’ is closed to new replies.