Viewing 33 posts - 41 through 73 (of 73 total)
  • I've just been on Mumsnet after hearing about it on here and……
  • mrsflash
    Free Member

Mumsnet is ace 🙂 There are a few men bashing threads, but not that many really. It’s a great source of help for sleep deprived mums of 13 week old babies (ie me!)

hora
    Free Member

Mrsflash nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo stay away from the darkside

Cougar

She’s getting a road bike too?

mrsflash
    Free Member

lol, double darkside Cougar, I’ve had a roadbike for a while!

Hora, I’ve been a mumsnet member for well over a year sorry 😆

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

Is mumsnet likely to be as addictive as this place?

philconsequence
    Free Member

sammie… if you get a profile on there please please mail me with the odd thread you troll… as shown in horas thread any posting on here gets noticed and exposed over there…. you could mail out the links to threads in secret to STWers who have shown there worth by posting amusing photos of cats.

aracer
    Free Member

I presume if you quoted that on here you’d get banned for swear filter avoidance?

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

Ooooh, I’ve just got my login, Yay! Excite!

Who’d have thought my little boy has grown up so quick, almost 2 and a half now and I’m expecting another next year. Mr TSY is going to be so happy 😀

iDave
    Free Member

They’re even allowed to swear profusely in their thread titles! And write the Jeremy Hunt word. Maybe we could petition for a bike section on mumsnet? Then we can all be adults on the interweb again.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

I particularly like the “am I being unreasonable” sub forum. I think we should petition STW towers for a similar forum nere

iDave
    Free Member

as if you’d seek guidance on whether you’re being unreasonable! 😉

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

But I am never unreasonable. I might occasionally need folk to reinforce this for me if I had doubts…………….

Torminalis
    Free Member

The Southern Crumpet,

You are our ambassador, our roving reporter, I wish all the best in your endeavour, you might just be my hero. If it is too much fun for one small anarchic totty then phil and I may just have to join you.

X

philconsequence
    Free Member

i’d never do such a thing 😈

which forum to start a “my boobs are too big for my frame, why do other girls hate me just ‘cos their DH’s always notice?!”?

hora
    Free Member

Asking for advice on parenting.

Hmmm

Its not the same as asking for advice on ‘why is my clutch making this noise’.

i.e. its not clear-cut.

I really wouldn’t want someone else telling me how I should treat my pride and joy like theirs. Or cast/question/cast scorn on how I’ve done something.

Half of them would recoil if I said ours sleeps in bed with us. (Yeah thanks for that Brant!).

After all, I visit the nursery and none of the kids there are as superior as Zachary Horacek :mrgreen:

mrsflash
    Free Member

Hora, they wouldn’t there are loads of co-sleepers on there 🙂

It’s a good place to ask for advice on parenting as there are so many opinions, you get a wide range of suggestions.

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

I’ve so many topics lined up in my head. All the things that I’ve wanted to ask on here but have been scared of the abuse I’d get.

I think I need a couple of weeks to build up my profile on there before I feel confident asking the important questions…

‘When should I tell my partner I’m pregnant again?’

‘Why does my baby bump put him off?’

‘What cake for losing weight?’

slowjo
    Free Member

‘What cake for losing weight?’

LOL at TSY.

I was talking to a menopausal lady the other day who was trying to convince me that she had discovered a cake (she had to eat every day) that would reduce the effects of the menopause. Meanwhile, why the hell was she putting on weight? It must be that damn time of life thing.

I guess it is a perennial question!

cinnamon_girl

The Southern Crumpet,

😆

cinnamon_girl

I was talking to a menopausal lady the other day who was trying to convince me that she had discovered a cake (she had to eat every day) that would reduce the effects of the menopause

Yes, something does exist but I thought it was a bread product full of linseeds etc.

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

The Southern Crumpet is actually pretty close to the name I’ve gone for.

Anyone that knows my full real-life name should be able to guess what I’ve gone for!

cinnamon_girl

So have you posted yet? And why aren’t you calling yourself Sammie (not that I know the story behind that!)?

slowjo
    Free Member

Yes, something does exist

Eat cake for health…… you have been riding bikes too long!

Best excuse I have heard for a long time though! 🙂

thomthumb
    Free Member

Yes, something does exist but I thought it was a bread product full of linseeds etc.

years ago my mum feed everyone in our house ‘oestrogen’ bread. we all had a sudden out break of man boobs and we banned her from buying it!

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

C_G apart form cycling I’m staying in this weekend so I might wait until tonight to start posting. I have an actual job to do that I think might get neglected if I start posting this morning.

I think Sammie was already taken. Plus posting under an amalgamation of my christian and surname on mumsnet will make me chuckle regardless of the content of my posts…

What second username for hitting on single mums on mumsnet?

I don’t even really know where Sammie Louise Taylor came from. I decided TSY fancied being a girl for the day and SLT had a nice cute but naughty ring to it that I thought would stir some interest from mtbers. Also subconciously the acronym is only missing the letter U!

Dorset_Knob
    Free Member

My xh talked me into trying it when we were on honeymoon in Paris,

Made me laugh.

BobaFatt
    Free Member

one whole section of the forum on Mumsnet titled “am i being unreasonable?”

speaks volumes really, but a blinkin good laugh too

Cougar

They should set that up so that the entire sub-forum redirects you a web page which reads “Yes, now stop it” in foot-high letters of fire.

stayhigh

My favourite quotes from bum sex thread;

“Feels like taking a #### backwards,hardly orgasmic.”

“not with my piles and bum problems, no didley way!”

“debris?? There would be debris?? I’ve just gone right off my branflakes.”

Cheered me up no end.

WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

POAS – Pee on a stick!

I guess the STW equivalent would be

WIHS – We in his/her shoes

wwaswas

well, only if you think wee soaked shoes are a reliable indication of being pregnant?

cinnamon_girl

Sammie – your help is needed! I have a dream proposition for you so please sashay over to my latest thread. 🙂

http://www.singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/laundry-cost-of-using-washing-machinelaunderette-sorry

BermBandit
    Free Member

Talking of help….. can I have some too?

Having taken a look at the offending thread I can’t stop bursting out in fits of giggles at inopportune moments……..

I mean

Either that or you must just have a really baggy arsehole.

…… you couldn’t make it up could you ??? 😆

Viewing 33 posts - 41 through 73 (of 73 total)

The topic ‘I've just been on Mumsnet after hearing about it on here and……’ is closed to new replies.