Viewing 33 posts - 1 through 33 (of 33 total)
  • I've just a had a really shocking experience….
  • Kryton57

I rode around on my MTB follow by a glowing orb. Not only that, the trails have been hardened by something, so much so I was plain scared at the speed I found myself travelling.

There was also a slight er, “dusty” deposit coming from the trails as I rode over, that I had to brush off my bike later.

Whats really concerning is that I only saw a few damp patches en-route, surely we are in for a hosepipe ban before long…. 😯

Yes SE/london folks, Epping forest is DRY!!!!*

*unless it rains.

nickc

The chilterns are also in the curious state. I can’t see it lasting, I’m sure normality will return soon

eyerideit
    Free Member

The rumours of #DUST are true.

Thanks be to who/whatever you believe in, shame I won’t be sampling them anytime soon.

🙁

stufive
    Free Member

Err no dust ere..unless you can call being plasterd in sh1t dust?

ononeorange

Indeed. I managed to ride my bike for OVER A MILE in the Chilterns last weekend, beating my personal 2012 best of 32.7 yards before becoming stuck in mud.

mt
    Free Member

I don’t believe in dust, it’s just an imaginary substance. Dry trails, you must a troll. Next you’ll be telling us it’s sunny and warm. We are not (to)stupid you know.

Gilesey
    Free Member

Sandstorms reported in Scotland!

Kryton57

mt – Member
    I don’t believe in dust, it’s just an imaginary substance. Dry trails, you must a troll. Next you’ll be telling us it’s sunny and warm. We are not (to)stupid you know.

Indeed, my Garmin is malfunctioning as well – it showed an average of 18 degrees, as are my reactive lenses in my glasses which randomly went darker for no apparent reason….

tomtomthepipersson

The chilterns are also in the curious state. I can’t see it lasting, I’m sure normality will return soon

Let’s hope.

All is not lost though – I did manage to find a still moist area on a recent ride. I rode through it several times reminiscing about the good old days – basking in muddy memories, giggling like a small child. Oh, how I loved those shite-covered rides.

If anyone’s interested I can PM the grid reference. Keep it quiet though – don’t want everyone knowing about it.

davetrave
    Free Member

Sandstorms reported in Scotland!

Confirmed by the missus – they had to clear the roads, on her commute from Elgin to Lossiemouth, of sand last week; having had to clear them of snow a few weeks ago…

B.A.Nana
    Free Member

🙂

mindmap3
    Free Member

The midlands is afflicted with a similar condition too….my play bike hasn’t been cleaned since I startedd riding it because the local woods are so dry and dusty. I’m almost thinking of putting my High Roller semi slick in the rear but reckon it’ll rain as soon as I do. Cannock was impressively quick on Friday…managed to burp my rear tyre hitting berms faster than I have been.

Off to Sheffield on Thursday as a pit stop before Hebden Bridge on Friday but the forecast is t looking too good. Hopefully Saturday will be a better day to ride.

paladin

Yup, roads were closed around lossiemouth and Elgin due to blown sand. It was like driving in thick fog, wouldn’t of fancied cycling in it

davetrave
    Free Member

You on station Paladin?

She didn’t have much choice – no car available and needed to get to work…

Trimix
    Free Member

Yup, its been so dry recently Im completely cattle-trucked from riding almost every night for a week.

I actually need some rain just to rest my spent legs.

emac65
    Free Member

It was so dry & dusty around Cannock Chase yesterday that my bike came back cleaner than when it went out …… 😯

pete68
    Free Member

dry rock hard and dusty trails here in west berks. Tomorrow’s going to be even warmer and ive got the day off! Think a long ride on the bike may be in order.

speckledbob
    Free Member

Tis true. Just came back across Norland moor near Halifax with a massive tail wind faster than I have for the last 2 years. I was scared 😥

Clobber
    Free Member

Loving the irony…

emac65
    Free Member

Tomorrow’s going to be even warmer and ive got the day off! Think a long ride on the bike may be in order.

Just the one day off ?Ahem, I’m off all week……….

Whathaveisaidnow
    Free Member

pete68
    Free Member

Was trying not to be too smug emac65. I’ve got the rest of the week off as well. And all next week as well.

Klunk
    Free Member

lovely out on the road today, and many thanks to the felt carbon rider with the tt bars for towing me into that wind 🙂 😳

busydog
    Free Member

dry rock hard and dusty trails here

Sounds like the way riding is here 350 days of the year !!

Funny how one’s locale impacts the perspective of weather.
    There in the UK, you all live for and delight in finally getting some sunny days & dry trails and here in New Mexico, we wait (and wait and wait) for a little rain to at least curb the dust. 😆

_tom_
    Free Member

Woke up an hour earlier than intended and saw it was a nice day so I ended up doing a quick ride on the road bike before getting ready for work 😀

Will be taking my bmx down to woburn tomorrow after work then the mtb on Thursday. Hoping it hasn’t turned into too much of a beach though, woburn is actually good after a bit of rain!

emac65
    Free Member

Was trying not to be too smug emac65. I’ve got the rest of the week off as well. And all next week as well.

I was….. 8)

brakes
    Free Member

Kryton57, can you just rock up at Epping and find some trails, or do you need to know where you’re going?
    Never been and it is really my local trails.

remoterob
    Free Member

I think this dry spell is my fault, I bought a turbo trainer last week as I was feed up with rain and snow.

Kryton57

Brakes, you can find trails, and all roads lead to Rome (well, High beach) but its best if you have some local knowledge.

Gimme a shout if you want a ride (I’m planning a Thursday ride this week, possibly in the evening with bacon rolls for Tea) but theirs others about here also, and if you arrive at 9am on a Sunday at high beech there’s a hoard of riders in several groups you could ask to join in with.

Email in profile, happy to guide.

brakes
    Free Member

cheers Kryton, that’s good to know and thanks for the offer.
    might be a couple of weeks before I can get out – a Sunday morning might be a go-er.

Kryton57

After this weekend I’m up there on Sundays probably. I can do a route with a breakfast bacon roll as well. 🙂

Kryton57

And again! So much so i took a picture to ensure it was real (sorry about the finger);

Untitled

fasthaggis

How dare you give us the finger 🙂

Viewing 33 posts - 1 through 33 (of 33 total)

The topic ‘I've just a had a really shocking experience….’ is closed to new replies.