• This topic has 29 replies, 24 voices, and was last updated 7 years ago by nickc.
Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 30 total)
  • I've joined the flock (warning: gratuitous pics of new bike)
  • jruk
    Free Member

No real reason for posting this other than to say I’ve got a new bike and I’m bloody chuffed!

The guys at Bird were great and put up with all my stupid questions. I didn’t try before I bought it but they were really helpful over the phone / email and whilst I haven’t given it a proper thrashing yet, the sizing feels right (6′ 1″ on an XL with a 35mm stem). Will be interesting to see how the extra wheelbase feels on the tight stuff.

[/url]IMAG2185 by jruk*, on Flickr[/img]

[/url]IMAG2186 by jruk*, on Flickr[/img]

[/url]IMAG2187 by jruk*, on Flickr[/img]

[/url]IMAG2189 by jruk*, on Flickr[/img]

[/url]IMAG2190 by jruk*, on Flickr[/img]

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

nice bike that.

benpinnick

Loving it 😉

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    zeesaffa
    Free Member

Welcome to the flock 🙂

I’m also 6’1 but sized up for a large. Curious…

Del

Rear tyre logo/valve.
    Shit colour.
    😉

hambl90
    Free Member

Very nice.

jruk
    Free Member

What can I say Del, I’m following a trend 😉

Zeesaffa – I think I must have gibbon arms as this set up is the same seated position as my Soul (give or take 5mm). But it’s a fair bit longer on the wheelbase. What were you riding before?

Glad no one’s noticed how the cat’s attacked the fence post. And I blame Ben’s lot for the rear tyre alignment (but I do love how they used I spec mounts, cut the cables / hose just right, fitted the wobbly ring I wanted – details make the difference).

SaxonRider

Bird sure makes some nice looking bikes. Nice one, OP.

markoc1984

Very nice bike jruk, I’m slightly taller than you and test riding the large and extra large on the 29th, so I will be interested to hear how you get on with the extra large as that’s what I’m thinking at the moment. I can’t wait to have a go on one.

Out of interest, how long did you have to wait from when you ordered to receive it? Thanks

Trimix
    Free Member

Shame the cables are not internally routed.

Oh and there seems to be a lump of metal sticking out of the seat tube down near the bottom bracket 🙂

amedias
    Free Member

holy front-centre’s batman! that is a long bike!

looks ace though, hope you enjoy it

teamslug
    Free Member

Welcome and nice bike…small point, fence needs painting!

Trimix
    Free Member

He hasn’t got any weeds though, so not too bad.

jruk
    Free Member

@markoc – thanks. Took about 3 weeks as ordered just before a shipment arrived. I was toying with the large but would have needed a 50mm+ stem to get the same position which seemed off given it was designed for a 35mm stem.

@Trimix – horses for courses innit – I prefer external as easier to work on. Plus it’s pretty industrial (which I like) so not fussed about the looks. And the lump? That’s where the bottle opener will be going 🙂

spacey

I got the same (but in large) and I absolutely love it, got it in Feb and it just gets better and better

[/URL]]

jamj1974

Ignore negative comments! I like that a lot!

superstu
    Free Member

Testing large and XL in a few weeks, loving yours!

packer
    Free Member

Love the colour!

markoc1984

Thanks jruk – I am definitely leaning towards the XL, currently ride an xl hardtail and found the longer top tube a lot more comfortable than a previous shorter bike. 16 days until my demo day.

Hoping it wont be a long lead time when I order, it should turn up just in time for my birthday judging by your experience. 😀

chakaping
    Free Member

Nice to see other people buying a long bike and sizing up.

Bet you’ll be fine in the tight stuff, the main problem will be carrying too much speed into it!

n0b0dy0ftheg0at
    Free Member

Disappointed, new bike is not fat. 😆

Looks good though. 🙂

coomber
    Free Member

Cannot wait to test one that looks ace

howsyourdad1
    Free Member

Outdated rear shock 🙂 , lovely bike though

AlexSimon

Will be interesting to see how the extra wheelbase feels on the tight stuff.

I think you’ll be surprised. I was. I put it down to the 35mm stem, but really I have no clue – it just works.

Wookster

Nice mate! Looks mean sitting still!!!

yorkycsl
    Free Member

Looks well, good spec & I like the colour, only thing I’m not keen on only as my bike ( V2 Bronson) has it too, the front mech mount spoils the lines of the bike, hope it rides well now go get it muddy.

jruk
    Free Member

First ride report…

Bloody. Amazing. If you’re thinking about buying one in the slightest, go try one. Really stable at speed. Nimble on switchbacks. Really glad I went XL.

Ok, so the front mech mount won’t win any beauty contests but stick a bottle opener on it, crack open a beer and enjoy.

coomber
    Free Member

Tried xl and large today. Drove up 130 miles each way to check them out and pootle along swinley.

Great bikes! Ben was great listening to our stupid questions too. Can’t recommend enough

joolsburger
    Free Member

nickc

colour is bloody awesome, what a great looking bike!

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 30 total)

The topic ‘I've joined the flock (warning: gratuitous pics of new bike)’ is closed to new replies.