Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • I've had another 'mare – Lost saddle clamp bolt
  • daleftw
    Free Member

Following the thread where I managed to lose a single bearing from my headset, I’ve had another ‘mare and managed to lose a bolt from my Ritchey seatpost saddle clamp.

It’s a 2 bolt system, basically this – http://www.ukbikestore.co.uk/product/61/200_sp246_803/ritchey-wcs-2-bolt-replacement-seatpost-clamp.html

But I’ve only lost the one bolt – Any idea where I could pick one up? Don’t really fancy the full thing, just the one bolt.

Cheers for putting up with me 😆

wwaswas

perhaps tidying up your maintenance area a bit?

Or working with a towel/rug on the floor so stuff doesn’t bounce so far 😉

daleftw
    Free Member

wwaswas – Member
    perhaps tidying up your maintenance area a bit?

Or working with a towel/rug on the floor so stuff doesn’t bounce so far

After the bearing debacle, I started doing that (And got rid of the dog), but this was done on the road. Rattling doing my head in for 10 mile, then it stopped, thought great. But then my saddle started tilting slowly backwards…

I’m guessing I’ve not tightened it properly when I’ve changed the saddle or something.

wwaswas

ride with a towel slung under the bike 🙂

best bet is to take the one you do have to a shop sellign bolts or measure it and look on here;

http://www.namrick.co.uk/

andyl
    Free Member

measure the diameter and length of the remaining bolt (don’t lose it!) and post a picture up showing the head in case it is a special one and someone will probably have something or will point you out to a bag full on ebay.

Look for 8.8 or 10.9 stamped into the head too around where the allen key goes.

daleftw
    Free Member

It’s just a M5/6 bolt, with bog standard socket head cap which has 10.9 stamped inside (I think!).

The thing that I’m thinking might be the problem, is the washer type thing that sits flush against the seatpost. (The black thing on the right)

Surely Ritchey sell these bolts as replacement parts somewhere?

(Oh, it’s a Canyon Roadlite and according the spec sheet, the seatpost is a ‘Ritchey Elixir 9 custom’ if that makes any difference)

daleftw
    Free Member

I’ve managed to track down a replacement bolt, but that washer thing is nowhere to be found. Any ideas?

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘I've had another 'mare – Lost saddle clamp bolt’ is closed to new replies.