Viewing 32 posts - 1 through 32 (of 32 total)
  • Ive had a stupendous idea! Neoprene foot cowls!
  • Stoner
    Free Member

Like the bottom 3" cut from a dry suit, but with the rubber seal bit upwards, and the wider floppier bit pulled down over your boot tops.

I get mostly wet in my winter boots from water dropping in the boot top. I know the old Shimano WM boots has a neoprene collar which is a great idea, but other than gaffer-taping my boot top to my hairy calves or using my walking gaiters, I was wondering how to stop getting very wet feet at Penmachno later this week.

Now I just need a supply of junked drysuits….anyone? 🙂

jojoA1
    Free Member

The cuffs of Marigold gloves work in a similar way. Druidh told me that one.

Stoner
    Free Member

Hahah! Jojo and the Onion, that's superb. I have some marigolds at home.

Right if anyone sees a curious chap with bright yellow ankles on the penmachno later this week….Ill be the dry one. 🙂

5thElefant
    Free Member

Or get some of these:

Stoner
    Free Member

I have some that I use hiking, but they wont stay up my bare leg long and they dont seal around the top where the rain drips down when riding.

jojoA1
    Free Member

You can get black rubber gloves these days, unless you prefer the yellow or pink ones…

nickc

I get over this by not caring that my feet are wet…Works for me, as long as they're warm, then I'm good to go…

Stoner
    Free Member

You can get black rubber gloves these days

and you'd know this because…..?

😉

BigDummy
    Free Member

I can see this getting complex:

(link OK for me but exercise caution)

BigJohn

Cycling specific gaiters. That's what we need.

Stoner
    Free Member

nick – you were born with webbed toes, of course you dont mind having wet feet. The rest of us do 😉

DezB
    Free Member

Depends what you mean by "OK" 😯

sharkbait
    Free Member

Problem with drysuit seals is that the ankle seals are quite wide where they connect to the drysuit and would look completely rediculous. But you can easily get replacement drysuit seals on ebay.

nickc

What kind of f&*^ed up childhood do you need to have to find that shit arousing…

Or is it that I'm not sufficiently posh? just a Civil Service, Judge, director of the FIA, sort of thing?

nickc

and would look completely rediculous.

You haven't seen Stoner riding a bike have you?

Stoner
    Free Member

I reckon we should get madison to knock some up. My commissions is cheap.

wwaswas

My shimano boots came with built in Neoprene cuffs. They even have velcro on to allow for different sized legs.

Stoner
    Free Member

Depends what you mean by "OK"

"OK" for viewing in a lawyer's office Im guessing 😉

sharkbait
    Free Member

I reckon we should get madison to knock some up. My commissions is cheap.

there is a better solution which I started making last night 🙂

My shimano boots came with built in Neoprene cuffs. They even have velcro on to allow for different sized legs.

Mine too but they still let the water in 🙁

shedfull
    Free Member

Lots of dry and semi-dry suit seals and socks here but all in latex. I don't think I've ever seen neaoprene ones for sale as they tend to build them into neoprene suits, not graft them on afterwards like they do with membrane suits.

GaryLake
    Free Member

I fully expect an "of course you did" response but I was just thinking about dry suit cuffs over shoes as a solution to shoes filling up just last night.

Stoner
    Free Member

nice one shedfull

this would work, wouldnt it? only £7

Stoner
    Free Member

Gary – my solicitor has already been notified of your crude attempts to cash in on my Intellectual Property.

nickc

You have got to be shitting me…

Stoner
    Free Member

nickc and sfb.
    two peas in a pod.
    😉

nickc

Thanks…

Be sure and remember to take a piccy, so we can all point and laugh marvel at your ingenuity

Stoner
    Free Member

my dry ingenuity, if you please.

sharkbait
    Free Member

I think you'll find that latex seals don't take too kindly to being dragged through brambles and wouldn't last too long.

I'm working on a neoprene solution. Will be much harder wearing, work better and look a lot better.

sharkbait
    Free Member

Right, they're finished (apart from the glue drying) and should work a treat 🙂
    kinda hoping it's wet for my thursday night ride!

gingerflash

Endura tights with the waterproof shin panels, pulled down over the outside of the neoprene cuff of shimano boots.

haven't leaked yet and they don't make me look like a gimp.

MostlyBalanced
    Free Member

I made my own last night. 6 inch tubes of neoprene, they hardly show under leggings but completely seal the gaps round my skinny ankles.

coffeeking
    Free Member

Are you not just thinking of cycling overshoes?

http://www.cyclexpress.co.uk/products/Bike_Boot_Short.aspx

Available in both fabric and neoprene forms.

Viewing 32 posts - 1 through 32 (of 32 total)

The topic ‘Ive had a stupendous idea! Neoprene foot cowls!’ is closed to new replies.