Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • i've had 3 punctures this week
  • robgclarkson
    Free Member

commuting on the bike (CX) this week and each and every morning so far i’ve opened the garage door to find a flat tyre… must be a combination of the route home i’m taking (off road) and bad luck… it tests my mettle, i can tell you.

i’d gone nigh on 5 years without a puncture up until this week, so i suppose i due 😥

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Farmer cutting the hawthorns?

onandon
    Free Member

You must feel let down and very deflated.

leffeboy

Time for new tyres? I tend to find that at a certain point they start picking up more stuff and it is time to change

zilog6128

Worth checking the tyre over again to see if there’s an embedded thorn or split

n0b0dy0ftheg0at
    Free Member

Your bike is telling you it wants to go tubeless. 😉

jimdubleyou

New tyres time.

Check any number of threads for the current favourite!

PMK2060

I had 2 puncture on the way into work this morning (1 front and 1 back). First punctures I have had on the road bike in 8 months. The tyres are gatorskins and only 3 months old so I guess it’s just bad luck.

Dibbs
    Free Member

Hedge cutting time of the year around here at the moment, four punctures in the past month, two different bikes, front and rear. 🙁

reggiegasket
    Free Member

does it have CX tyres?

If so, there’s your answer. They are often pretty terrible as ‘road’ tyres as they don’t have any kind of puncture protection strip built in. Either get some touring tyres, if you want to stay tubed, or get some decent tubeless tyres, like the Schwalbe S-One or G-One, or Vittoria TNTs. Much tougher.

craigxxl
    Free Member

Not to worry you but the weeks not over yet 🙂

Could be worse try a single ride and going through both spare tubes and down to your last patch. It was only a 32 mile ride!

robgclarkson
    Free Member

yeah Maxxis Mudwrestlers… switched to GP4000 II s after this morning and am sticking to the roads… i’ve am due a new rear cx tyre shortly, think it’s time now.

and i was tubeless, but i’m switching between road and cx tyres (depending on the ride i’m doing) and changing tyres when tubeless is just a pain, yes i know they’re great once on.

i think the only sensible course of action is a set of dedicated road wheels, that’s reasonable, right? RIGHT!?!?!

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘i've had 3 punctures this week’ is closed to new replies.