Viewing 7 posts - 41 through 47 (of 47 total)
  • I've got one of those computer scammers on the line right now
  • another one has phoned.
    hes on the line now

benjamins11
    Free Member

Tell him the babies in the bath, make some splashing noises and see how long before he hangs up. Thats my favourite trick.

Only 12 minutes this time.
    This one was completely gormless and impossible to sidetrack, he just stuck to his script.
    We did the eventvwr thing again.
    I played along with the logmein123 thing and bluffed him for as long as I could.
    “The technician will be able to help you fix the errors on your computer”
    “Will he be able to see everything on my computer ?”
    “Yes, he will be able to see all the errors”
    “Oh, it’s just that I’ve got some photos on my computer I’d rather not let other people see”
    That’s as far as I got before he sussed me.

Normally, if it’s cold call sales, I find out what they’re selling, then say “You’d best speak to my dad about this”.
    I then turn away from the phone and shout to an empty room “Dad, there’s someone on the phone about the kitchen/gutters/burglar alarm” and put the phone down without hanging up.

With the ones who are trying to access my computer, it’s worth spinning them along a bit.

bland

I enjoy telling the ones who are doing something water related that we have a well, telephone ones that we are still on baked bean tins and string and electricity ones that we have a tribe of hamsters and a lot of wheels that generate my power.

The calls never last long

bassspine
    Free Member

We had a phone company one and I told the blokey that we didn’t have a telephone. He hung up…

hexhamstu
    Free Member

I like to just chat away normally and then suddenly explode into a torrent of abuse. Very stress relieving. Or overly enthusiastic always throws them. You’re clearly taking the piss……or are you?!

greenergrass
    Free Member

I guess some of you will have heard this before, but for those that haven’t… a classic way of dealing with unwanted phone calls…

Viewing 7 posts - 41 through 47 (of 47 total)

The topic ‘I've got one of those computer scammers on the line right now’ is closed to new replies.