Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • I've got big wood
  • sharkbait
    Free Member

Wood by Metal-Chicken, on Flickr

Wood by Metal-Chicken, on Flickr
    Although I might use one of the bigger bits as an obstacle for the trials bike, it’s time to break out the chainsaw 😀

Oh yeah… £80 delivered 😛

Davesport

That’s a steal 😀

49er_Jerry
    Free Member

Is that Stu’s car in the background Sharkbait? Is he around at the moment?

JulianA
    Free Member

Take me to your dealer!

£75 per cubic metre delivered here, and it looks as though some of those bits are more than that. A steal indeed.

mcmoonter
    Free Member

Jeez, there are some big lumps in there. Looking forward to seeing it all neatly chopped and stacked.

sharkbait
    Free Member

Yep about 6 tons in total, some bits are about 24″ diameter and are obviously going to be cut up in situ – even with the tractor to help move stuff around. Think I need some proper storage rather than crates and pallets.
    Hopefully going to have haves other load sometime in the autumn.
    Jerry: yep its stu’s car, he’s back in Perth until July I think. As usual I seem to be a storage depot 🙁

JohnJohn
    Free Member

Thou shalt not covet thy neighbours wood!

matt_outandabout

meh, I have more. This is about 1/20th of the wood I (work) have…

chewkw
    Free Member

😯 I like!

Remind self to build/buy a house with fire place … :mrgreen:

Lactic
    Free Member

Are you using a Laser as a woodshed roof?

Sacrilege

sharkbait
    Free Member

Yes I am but only because the bottom of the mast tube gave up the ghost one breezy day and as the mast came down it ripped a huge hole in the deck! It’s quite good as a roof 🙂
    Anyway it’s only a laser 😉

49er_Jerry
    Free Member

Are you using a Laser as a woodshed roof?

Or, as they’re now know, a Kirby Torch.

mcmoonter
    Free Member

I had a spare couple of hours today so I picked up another load. Road works detoured me past the quarry. Just for fun I asked the weigh bridge guy if he could weight the combo. 5620kg 😯

I need to check the limits on what I can tow. I think trailer limit is 2.5 tonnes.

mcmoonter
    Free Member

Discovery weighs 2061kg, trailer weighs, 735kg.

Good grief, the load would have been around 2800kg. 😯

timber

About spot on if it’s a IFW 12′, the one at work is plated for 2800kg to give it a 3.5t mgw

edit: both will handle more, the 18′ IFW at the marquee firm used to be 4-5 ton loaded and the Discos pulled it fine, obviously we never knew this because we never put it on the weighbridge at the docks.

06awjudd
    Free Member

That’ll take some splitting 😀

McHamish
    Free Member

With our house hunting at the moment I think I’ve convinced the wife that we need a place.

My enormous shed that I’m going to build is likely to be paired with an immense wood store too.

mcmoonter
    Free Member

With our house hunting at the moment I think I’ve convinced the wife that we need a place.

My enormous shed that I’m going to build is likely to be paired with an immense wood store too.

Once you get a wood burning stove she’ll love you all the more for it. Win all round. 🙂

boblo
    Free Member

That’s a lot of wood for £80.

McMoonter, if you sawed all that up in 2 hours you must have been going some! Watch those artistic hands, they’ll be only good for ruffian tasks at this rate 🙂

mcmoonter
    Free Member

Boblo, there’s a lot more than a couple of hours worth there. I’ve got a big hole in a woodshed that needs filling, there might a bit left over. I might build another. While there is a sustainable supply, I feel compelled to maximize the opportunity. From what I hear down south, this sort of wood is hard to come by.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘I've got big wood’ is closed to new replies.