Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • I've got a dose…
  • boblo
    Free Member

…of new boikitis… Been a long time since I’ve been excited about a new bike. Here it is, just about to be turned into a winter hack.

neilwheel
    Free Member

Nice bike, winter hack?

chakaping
    Free Member

What brand is it? Stickers are a bit low key.

mattjevans
    Free Member

I think its a Cannondale, you can just about read the text on the seatstays. Might say Colnago though. C something anyway

epicyclo

The first 3 letters of its name are “can” and the last 3 letters of its name end in “ale” which means it is made from beer cans and wants to be a single speed, and for you to drink fine beverages.

Not sure what a “nond” is, but it’s probably a description of what you’ll become if you don’t singlespeed it.

(Is there a smiley for groan? 🙂 )

cloudnine
    Free Member

The throwing away of mountain bikes is nearly complete.. at somepoint early next year stw will be switcherooed with grit cx and nobody will notice.
    Nice bike btw 8)

boblo
    Free Member

Righty ho, it is now Duranoed and mit mudguards. Dunt look a bit like a CX bike now… 🙂 Lots of clearance which looks a bit weird with skinny Durano’s. Just about ready to ride… Yikes!

scruff9252

Are those decals removable? Less is definately more…

boblo
    Free Member

Philistines the lot of yer 🙂 OK it’s a bit lary but look beyond that. At least it’s not luminous snot green… 😀

scruff9252

Don’t get me wrong, it looks a great bike and I’m sure it’ll ride well, just it would look better without bold decals on every tube.

mcmoonter
    Free Member

Suspect rubber selection, who’d have thought it?

Repeat offender alert.

mcmoonter
    Free Member

How does it ride Boblo?

Jamie
    Free Member

How does it ride Boblo?

I think he is busy removing the decals. I believe he started on Thursday, so should be done around a week on Tuesday.

boblo
    Free Member

Not ridden yet. Inaugural voyage tomorrow (monsoon willing). Last job to do today; double its weight in helitape 🙂

BTW should I buy Zipp 303’s or Enve 3.4’s as my summer wheels…..? 😀

<edit> Now Jamie, no need for that. Just cos you had to settle for a Giant 😀

Jamie
    Free Member

Last job to do today; double its weight in helitape

Just use black insulation tape.

2 birds. 1 Stone 😛

P.S: Who would you recommend to build a set of wheels in the area? Thinking it might be better to go local, rather than deal via online. Will be supplying hubs/rims meself.

boblo
    Free Member

Dave @ Bristows. I’ve had a few pairs from him = ace. He’s on holiday next week though.

Jamie
    Free Member

He’s on holiday next week though.

I’m in no hurry, as currently off the bike with a bit of a knee niggle, so will give him a shout nearer the end of the month.

Cheers.

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘I've got a dose…’ is closed to new replies.