Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • I've finally put my photography website together
  • justinbieber

Teen pop idol branches out into photography shocker (I really need to change my username)!

I’ve been meaning to do this for a while, and although it’s not finished yet (I need to write some words & add some more images amongst other things) here it is so far: http://www.jamesianvincent.com

(Constructive) criticism is more than welcome.

Thanks for looking…

benjishucksmith
    Free Member

Great work! There is some amazing stuff there. Also love the logo!

stilltortoise
    Free Member

A stylish site, but if I had a criticism it’s that the navigation is perhaps a little too fussy/confusing. For example if you click on Next at the end of the Automobiles project the site goes to Bikes, yet the menu goes to Commercial.

Some nice photos though

justinbieber

Thanks guys.

Stilltortoise – yeah, there’s still a bit of work to be done tidying up the navigation, but I think I need to find a friendly web geek to help me out, as it might be going a bit beyond my capabilities.

jambourgie
    Free Member

Nice work! What did you use to make it?

MrSmith
    Free Member

The navigation is a bit click heavy, you press something then get a view button appear that you press again. ‘Commercial’ is a bit lightweight with pics of the same thing (ice?) doesn’t look very commercial IMHO

rossatease
    Free Member

Very good, I envy you the terrain you ride. Likewise with some of the navigation crit, but it’s better than anything I could build so I should stfu.

justinbieber

Jambourgie – it’s built in WordPress, using the Fluxus theme.

MrSmith – I think I’ve sorted that bit now – clicking the link from the homepage takes you straight to the portfolio. The commercial stuff is actually all paid for arty stuff (a Christmas card for a design agency & a logo treatment of a brewery logo). I’ve only just started populating it, so will be adding some more to it in due course.

Rossatease – thanks. It’s not bad around here, that’s for sure 🙂

DezB
    Free Member

That’s a nice site. Navigation is simple. I like that you can scroll through the pics with the mouse wheel.
    Do you mind that fairly hi-res, unwatermarked photos can be nicked off your site?

justinbieber

I ummed and ahhed about that and am yet to decide. I might watermark everything, but I like the clean look.

I’m also aware that people will find ways to nick anything, and the images aren’t super high print quality, so I’m not overly fussed.

What would you do?

DezB
    Free Member

Me? Personally, I’d be chuffed if anyone stole one of my pics 😆

mcobie
    Free Member

You’ve got a bike shot in the Commercial tab.

Otherwise, it looks good. I like the clean simple looking layout. Some great shots on there!

justinbieber

Well spotted Mcobie, but that’s because it got printed in Privateer magazine. I could take it out and create a published section, but it might be a bit lonely all on its own 🙂

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘I've finally put my photography website together’ is closed to new replies.