Viewing 36 posts - 1 through 36 (of 36 total)
  • I've finally decided to trade in my Maserati
  • CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

There’s now advertising up there ^^ for this.

😀

No, I haven’t really got a Maserati. Nor would I want one of those monstrosities pretending to be a Bentley.

THIS is a Bentley I would own.

(I know, a recreation, but still!)

Dark-Side

God thats awful. It looks like a Chinese motor manufacturer designed it to look like a Bentley.

alpin
    Free Member

U
    G
    L
    Y

unovolo
    Free Member

Still think it looks like a pimped up Black Cab.

Bustaspoke
    Free Member

Your’e obviously a different target group to me Captain,I get an advert for Autotrader with a little VW saloon pictured,not even a T5 van!!
    Different circles… 🙄

rmacattack
    Free Member

suv / crossover type wagon. school run and doucebag clientele. i predict it might sell ok. looks damn ugly though, straight to the pile along with the mini clubman estate.

phiiiiil

Can the black bars down the side go away now? They were for maserati, were they not?

I much preferred the nice gentle grey it was before…

revs1972
    Free Member

Saw one in the flesh at the supercar day at Beaulieu on the weekend. It was in a display with other such vehicles in a secret garden hidden from view. Best place for it.
    I think a “prestige” car should be something special, and that is not. £160k ??? No way

PJM1974
    Free Member

That is truly awful. SUVs are difficult to get right aesthetically, with so much hugeness, but it looks like a wall of chintz.

Some stylist, somewhere had to go in front of the VW Group board and say “Yep, this is the best we can do. Still, it’s ‘aspirational’ for a second division footballer. FFS, don’t paint it white”.

That vintage Bentley coupe however is absolutely stunning.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

That vintage Bentley coupe however is absolutely stunning.

More detail here.

This is what it’s based on.

Linky.
    The Barnato Blue Train Gurney Nutting special. (Although, he may actually have raced it in a Mulliner).

From an age where a raffish chap could drive something with style.

jimjam
    Free Member

Apparently the Bentayga has been a huge success for Bentley. Most customers have ticked the option for the £150,000 clock too. 😐

butcher

Is it meant to be some kind of parody? If it’s serious, I don’t get it at all: build a 150k car and make it look like a Kia?

nasher
    Free Member

wasn’t that bentley what flemming initially intended for bond? it’s absolutely stunning

stuartlangwilson
    Free Member

I had a seat in a bentayga at a car show recently, it was very comfortable indeed and, happily, I couldn’t see the outside.

Rubber_Buccaneer

CaptainFlashheart – Member
    I’ve finally decided to trade in my Maserati

I always saw you as more special shoes and Volvo. Just shows how wrong I can be 🙂

andyl
    Free Member

I think up close you will not be mistaking it for anything else an yes it’s horrible but it will sell by the boat load.

The is a video of the Tesla model X spanking it on the drag strip so it’s not the fastest SUV in terms of acceleration but it is in terms of top speed.

The model X then outruns the carbon fibre alfa sports car while towing an identical alfa on a trailer! The alfa does 0-60 in 4.5 seconds.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

wasn’t that bentley what flemming initially intended for bond? it’s absolutely stunning

[Bondgeek]
    Not really, no.

Fleming originally put Bond in a 1930 4 1/2 litre, “Blower”, in grey, with an Amherst Villiers supercharger (the blower).

He then had a Mk VI, briefly, before a DB Mark III.

[/Bondgeek]

revs1972
    Free Member

I wonder if the same stylist was responsible for that, looks like they had a love affair with the rear end of a Mk3 cortina

scaredypants

Isn’t the bondgeyke the next Bentley model, due mid-2017 ?

No lazors but has a special ejector kit for the buyer’s discerment glands

CountZero

I’ll have the Bentayga over this any time:

As I understand it, the Bentley is a more capable off-road vehicle too, not that any will venture anywhere that’s even slightly muddy!

Junkyard
    Free Member

Your taste in cars is as good as your taste in shoes 😉

mattyfez

Is it meant to be some kind of parody? If it’s serious, I don’t get it at all: build a 150k car and make it look like a Kia?

I think the kia is a far better looking car, personally.

alanf
    Free Member

Volvo seem to have been copying the Kia too.
    Change the grill and that’s an XC90 (or whatever it’s called).

curvature
    Free Member

I’ve done some work at the Bentley factory over the past year and like everyone else just cannot see why people would spend that kind of money on such an ugly car.

The factory can’t keep up with demand and every single one is different.

More money than sense/taste!

footflaps

Kia’s designer, Peter Schreyer, is the guy who did the Audi TT….

bigdaddy

I also got to sit in one at the South of England show a couple of months back – inside it is stunning, luxurious softness and comfort everywhere, but agree with the sentiments on external – fugly! The Porsche is much better looking…

PJM1974
    Free Member

For balance, car designers don’t have it easy these days as legislation demands greater safety for occupants and pedestrians alike, not to mention packaging powertrains and suspension but there’s some utterly gopping examples to be seen. That Bentley saloon does indeed resemble a 1973 Cortina in profile.

The slab sided shed clad with diamante look, complete with a leering bling grill (sic), grille aesthetic is excusable on an budget SUV costing £15,999 but such crimes against good taste can only damage a brand like Bentley in the long run. It’s as if David Blunkett, Ray Charles and Liberace have all had a hand in the design after a night of very hard drugs and no sleep.

maccruiskeen

I get an advert for Autotrader with a little VW saloon pictured,not even a T5 van!!
    Different circles…

And I get an ad for a Kia. You lot move in circles. I just know my place.

jimjam
    Free Member

PJM1974

For balance, car designers don’t have it easy these days as legislation demands greater safety for occupants and pedestrians alike, not to mention packaging powertrains and suspension but there’s some utterly gopping examples to be seen.

That’s true, but consider that the Bentley is the most expensive car that shares the same platform as the Q7, Toureg and Cayenne and there really is no excuse for it to be the ugliest and by some giant margin.

Not to say the others are good looking, but they are better looking.

Klunk
    Free Member

the blue train looks undressed without a supercharger !

P-Jay
    Free Member

Yeah it’s gopping, but I’m afraid lads and ladies – the problem is, it’s not for us and I don’t just mean because it’s £160k – it’s not really for the West. For a while Bentley wasn’t even going to sell it in the UK, nor for that matter was the Aston DBX, then I guess someone was reminded of the existence of the Premier League and changed their mind (or possibly because it’s intended market looked a bit shaky for a while).

It’s not like Bentley lost their mind, took a Flying Spur and grafted the details onto Q8 lightly, millions was spent on giving the middle and far east what they wanted. Big, Imposing, like a Bentley, but an SUV. Originally they were going to keep it quiet in the West, the really geeky Autoexpress types would read about it, but you wouldn’t see one in the window of the dealerships, but they must have decided their was a market for them here too.

Nico
    Free Member

All those “same platform” cars remind me of when BMC badged up the mini as a Wolseley Hornet, Riley Elf etc.

Is Bentayga an anagram of something not very PC?

Klunk
    Free Member
    votchy
    Free Member

Is Bentayga an anagram of something not very PC?

It’s what some at JLR refer to it as 😉

ElShalimo

The new XC90 is a much nicer looking car

mrblobby
    Free Member

A Bentley? I’d have this one…

There’s now advertising up there ^^ for this.

Can’t see any advertising 🙂

Viewing 36 posts - 1 through 36 (of 36 total)

The topic ‘I've finally decided to trade in my Maserati’ is closed to new replies.