Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • I've done it………..I've finally friggin done it!
  • stevepitch
    Free Member

I managed to get my back wheel converted to tubeless without any faff, just a track pump, tyre and rim strip 😯

neilsonwheels
    Free Member

But why…?

sugdenr
    Free Member

But why…?

Poor unconverted soul, still living in the inner tubed dark ages 😉

mrblobby
    Free Member

Just swapped over from summer rubber to some Bonty mud x, all tubeless, took about 20 mins. One went up with just a track pump, the other needed some ghetto tubeless inflator assistance. Easy.

Poor unconverted soul, still living in the inner tubed dark ages

Couldn’t agree more. Though did have to pop a tube in the other day for the first time in years much to the amusement of my non-tubeless mates (having only just written on another thread about how I’d never had to use a tube since going tubeless.) Had quite a big cut in the tyre and all the sealant had gone 🙁

stevepitch
    Free Member

Oddly enough it does make a difference the bike feels livelier and a bit more playful when whiping through and powering out of turns. I probably havent lost more then 100g off the front (if that) and about 250g off the rear (includes change of cassette tho) and it just feels nicer.

Saying that though im probably making it all up 😉

neilsonwheels
    Free Member

Poor unconverted soul, still living in the inner tubed dark ages

For the price of a decent tubeless wheelset and tyres I could pop over to the Aples for a long (budget) weekend. Tubes for me I think.

njee20
    Free Member

You can get a number of advantages on any wheelset. Admittedly it’s more faff than with a ‘proper’ tubeless wheelset, but even so, it’s more like the cost of a night in a Travelodge.

KINGTUT
    Free Member

For the price of a decent tubeless wheelset and tyres I could pop over to the Aples for a long (budget) weekend. Tubes for me I think.

You might want to do a little more research on tubeless setups.

stevepitch
    Free Member

£45 quid for a conversion kit £30 for a tyre ignoring the hicup with the rear, took me about hour to set it all up and seal all the leaks.

*Edit* thinking about it I spent more on Saturday night when I went for dinner with the missus

Mugboo

Just ordered the kit for my flow rims as a Xmas pressie from the family. Bring it on 🙂

carlphillips
    Free Member

erm bonty rim strips around £5ea and valves £5ea…job done. no punctures in around 2yrs now.
    i much prefer the bonty strips over stans as the stans strips peel off when changing tyres which can be a pita.

tubeless FTW.

oh I can’t notice any difference in the way my bike rides but never go above 30psi…

zippykona

On my 29er lightweight tubes are £10 a go. The crossmarks I was running in the summer would puncture if you rode over an ice cream, so going tubeless has saved me money.
    Normally a top tip like that wins a tenner but I’m giving it for free.
    As I had read what a nightmare it was going to be I set aside a day to do the conversion. Had it done in about an hour and a half.
    Like my wheels ,I am converted. Can’t say it feels any different though.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘I've done it………..I've finally friggin done it!’ is closed to new replies.