Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • I've cocked up with iTunes, can I do a swap?
  • esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

Daft sod that I am. Purchased the wrong version of an album that takes me waaay back (not telling in case you all laugh) Bought the 2003 version instead of the original cos the cover looked similar. 🙄

I’ve wasted my money (kind of) haven’t I, & I’m gonna have to buy the one I wanted in the first place aren’t I?

Or am I?

bigG
    Free Member

Yes you are. Apple don’t give a monkeys about your ham fisted attempts at buying music grandad.

tomhoward

Call customer services, everyone I know who’s bought something they didn’t mean to has had a full refund and got to keep what they bought. (boss’ kid unwittingly bought £70 worth of credits for a game, boss rang up to see if here was any way of cancelling the transaction, apple just refunded her and let her keep the credits!)

nealglover
    Free Member

What tomhoward said.

Apple do care if you bought the wrong thing, and they seem to more than happy to refund the money and let you keep whatever it was that you “didn’t want”

grievoustim
    Free Member

Tubular bells? Tell me I’m wrong grandad

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

It’s not the ham fistedness I’m worried about bigG, It’s the fact that there’s 30 years difference between the original & the one I bought!
    I’ll try customer services.

nealglover
    Free Member

Passion play by Jethro Tull !

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

Passion play by Jethro Tull !

I’ve got that (& Thick as a Brick) on CD!
    I actually went through 2 vinyl copies of Thick as a Brick cos I wore the 1st one out.

nealglover
    Free Member

It was released in 1973 and re released in 2003 (30 years later) so I thought it was a safe bet.

What was it then ?

nukeproofriding
    Free Member

This is how many feks they’ll give:

nealglover
    Free Member

This is how many feks they’ll give

I presume you have zero experience of actually trying this then ?

I have done it, and they refunded straight away.

No problem at all.

nukeproofriding
    Free Member

I have done it, and they refunded straight away.

That’s not my experience, but worth a try if it’s worked for others.

fizzicist
    Free Member

have to say that my experience of apple customer service is very good. They’re refunded me for similar screw ups.

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

Oh (some of) you of little faith. Contacted customer support & within 30 mins got this response……
    ‘Hello Jim,
    This is Sherod with iTunes Store Support and it will be my pleasure to aid you today concerning your issue. I see that you made an accidental purchase on your account. I can coincide with your feelings regarding this issue entirely. I will be determined in resolving this circumstance to your desired result.

After reviewing the circumstances of your case, we determined that issuing you a refund for your unintentional purchase of “Tubular Bells 2003” is an appropriate exception to the iTunes Store Terms and Conditions, which state that all sales are final. In five to seven business days, a credit of 8.92 GBP should be posted to the credit card that appears on the receipt for that purchase.’

Shy bairns get nowt.

sc-xc
    esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

11p’s nearly free! But how does someone (me) who’s not that literate with downloady things, get it onto my Ipod?

sc-xc

Download onto your computer, import into itunes. That’s what I do (we use a mac, but I assume it’s the same if you have a PC)

11p is cheap, most albums there are about 60p.

EDIT: From the site:

A: First of all you have to download purchased music to your computer and extract it from archive if you download in Zip file. After that you need to download iTunes and install it due to instructions. Then run iTunes.
    a) To import an individual mp3 file, choose File > Add File to Library, and then locate the music file you want added to your library.
    b) To import all the mp3 files in a folder, choose File > Add Folder to Library, and then locate the folder containing the audio you want added to your library.

Sync your iPod/iPhone
    1. Connect your iPod/iPhone to your computer.
    2. When the iPod/iPhone icon appears in the iTunes window (below Devices), select it.
    3. If the Summary pane isn’t showing, click the Summary tab.
    4. To automatically sync your iPod/iPhone:
    a) Make sure that “Manually manage music” is not selected.
    b) Click the Music tab and do one of the following:
    To automatically update your iPod/iPhone with all the songs and playlists in your library, select “Sync music” and then select “All songs and playlists”. iTunes loads the songs and playlists in your iTunes library onto your iPod, and deletes songs from your iPod/iPhone that aren’t in your library.
    To automatically update your iPod/iPhone with only certain playlists, select “Sync music” and “Selected playlists,” and then select the playlists you want synchronized.

To manually sync your iPod/iPhone:
    a) Make sure that “Manually manage music” is selected.
    b) Click Music (below Library, on the left side of the iTunes window) and then drag songs and playlists to your iPod/iPhone.

fervouredimage
    Free Member

Yes you are. Apple don’t give a monkeys about your ham fisted attempts at buying music grandad.

That made me Lol.

This is Sherod with iTunes Store Support and it will be my pleasure to aid you today concerning your issue. I see that you made an accidental purchase on your account. I can coincide with your feelings regarding this issue entirely. I will be determined in resolving this circumstance to your desired result.

After reviewing the circumstances of your case, we determined that issuing you a refund for your unintentional purchase of “Tubular Bells 2003” is an appropriate exception to the iTunes Store Terms and Conditions, which state that all sales are final. In five to seven business days, a credit of 8.92 GBP should be posted to the credit card that appears on the receipt for that purchase.’

That’s such a bizarre sounding email. You did definitely email Apple didn’t you and not some Nigerian scam artist who ‘needs your bank account details’ to make the refund?

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

Ohh, hang on I’ll just check…..

———————————————————————

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘I've cocked up with iTunes, can I do a swap?’ is closed to new replies.