• This topic has 35 replies, 20 voices, and was last updated 10 years ago by SOAP.
Viewing 36 posts - 1 through 36 (of 36 total)
  • I've been let down by 2 members of this Parrish
  • SOAP
    Free Member

First I purchased something which contained 2 parts only one showed up, then got apologetic emails of his incompetence. Stil waiting!
    Secondly agreed with a member I’ve sold to before a straight swap of parts. 5 days on and no sign of it.
    What can you do other than wait.
    Name and shame?

yossarian
    Free Member

So someone has made a balls up and has not committed ritual suicide to appease you and someone else hasn’t got to the post office yet?

Wind your neck in before you get judged is my advice.

hmanchester
    Free Member

Legitimate anonymous chase up you’ve done there imo.

Nothing like being inflammatory and then telling others to wind their neck in!

muppetWrangler
    Free Member

5 days ain’t that bad, I’ve had worse service from shops.

rickon
    Free Member

I sold a load, and I mean a load – about 30 items last week, as I had a big shed clearout.

I missed one item from someone, totally by chance, and sent just a single item. I was informed, and now popped the missing item in the post.

It’s very easy to miss something sometimes, and I would never do anything deliberately.

Honest mistakes happen, and from really nice people ( like me 😉 ) too.

The real answer will come if they sort it out for you.

Cheers

Ricks

RustyMac

I bought a hope seat clamp from a shop on eBay exactly a month ago. I am still waiting for the correct one to turn up. First one was lost in the post, second one was the wrong colour. I returned it over a week ago at an additional cost of £3.75 but as yet has not been signed for so I have to wait for it to either be signed for or claim agains Royal Mail.

chunkymonkey
    Free Member

Bought a coat off a guy on here eighteen months or so ago for £80, never arrived so he refunded me forty quid saying it wasn’t his fault that Royal Mail lost it and I should stump up the other half!?! Wouldn’t make a claim so what can you do. I’d give it a few more days mate before you start worrying about getting diddled!

chakaping
    Free Member

I think it’s time you stopped using the classifieds OP.

tpbiker
    Free Member

Assume you’re not talking about the post I sold you last week are you Geoff?

SOAP
    Free Member

No Tim that arrived super quick 🙂 many thanks
    But I do have one question when the seat post comes up to full height is the first hole about 25mm down?
    I haven’t had a chance to play with it yet.

tpbiker
    Free Member

Glad it arrived.

There are 3 settings, fully up, fully down and one with about an inch of drop.

It takes a bit of getting use to, there is a knack to it, and you need to unweight the saddle a bit sometimes before dropping the post. Likewise watch your knackers, its not like an air post when it returns to fully extended! Overall they’re a bit agricultural, but they last forever.

Was fully stripped and checked before sending and it worked fine. If however there are any issues with it then all the fixes are on the gravity dropper site. Usually its the rotating collar needing loosened/tightened. Drop me a mail if you have any issues with it, no reason you will however.

MoseyMTB
    Free Member

Ill name and shame myself, I’m really sorry, I’m in the last week of my PGCE so super stressed. I totally forgot when I posted the forks that is not put the spare spring in.

I assure you the spring is on its way and ill refund you £10 as an apology.

I’ve tired to keep up communication wise and replied to every email.

Again I can only apologise mate.

SOAP
    Free Member

Thanks mosey no need for the refund pal, just the spring would of been enough.

MoseyMTB
    Free Member

I’ve already sent it mate, keep it please, like I said I always try and post next day and your wait isn’t acceptable.

hora
    Free Member

Chunkymonkey had you elected for cheap postage/non-tracked?

Otherwise why are you 40quid down?!

chunkymonkey
    Free Member

Hora – he sent it first class recorded. Royal Mail stated it was delivered but there was no signature. I followed it up but it was down to Loddrik, I mean the seller, to make the claim. Seller wouldn’t take responsibility so left me forty quid out of pocket!!

mundiesmiester
    Free Member

Name and shame?

Perhaps try and communicate with the op rather than being the over emotional clown you seem to be when dealing with people in the classified section. (patiently waiting to be proved otherwise)

khani
    Free Member

Hora – he sent it first class recorded. Royal Mail stated it was delivered but there was no signature. I followed it up but it was down to Loddrik, I mean the seller, to make the claim. Seller wouldn’t take responsibility so left me forty quid out of pocket!!

😯 wow!!! That’s seriously crap…

hitman
    Free Member

Sounds like you decided to leave it and move on – best decision sometimes

scotroutes

That name crops up again…..

chunkymonkey
    Free Member

Scotroutes – regret putting name in thread actually, shouldn’t have done it reall but had a load of beers with the in-laws last night!

Hitman – at the end of the day I was getting more and more wound up by chasing the money so just dropped it. Really frustrating but the guy had absolutely no intention of giving it me back so couldn’t really do a great deal about it.

teethgrinder

From experience with tracked items that don’t turn up, it’s the person who posts who has the contract with RM – they have to do the chasing, not the recipient.

RM track and trace is shite. RM are shite.

mikey3
    Free Member

So loddrik ,a person who is on here a lot has basically tucked you up.Nice.

tpbiker
    Free Member

Puts a different spin on the thread that popped up the other day about the tyres certainly!

hitman
    Free Member

Hitman – at the end of the day I was getting more and more wound up by chasing the money so just dropped it. Really frustrating but the guy had absolutely no intention of giving it me back so couldn’t really do a great deal about it.

Chunky – know how you feel
    I lent an old school friend a not insubstantial sum of money which he has never paid back – won’t take my calls, answer texts or emails. Like you I’ve just dropped it. More recently, I’ve been less than impressed by someone on STW but like you, I’m not inclined to name and shame.

wwaswas

Puts a different spin on the thread that popped up the other day about the tyres certainly!

that was my first thought.

leffeboy

That’s quite comic really 🙂

weeksy

Typical scouser lol

SOAP
    Free Member

Still waiting 🙁
    New post to name and shame on Friday.

MoseyMTB
    Free Member

Still waiting from me? Mine were posted first class mate, I’ll stick the receipt on here now.

Pen lid covers your house number:

MoseyMTB
    Free Member

mailed you too mste.

MoseyMTB
    Free Member

Any news on this mate?

I named and shamed myself as it took too long to send the spare spring after the forks, i finish my PGCE tomorrow whooooooooooooooooop.

Again apologies for the delay but i’d really like to know if it turned up after being self named and shamed.

SOAP
    Free Member

There is something at the post office but I am expecting something from chaino’s. I’ll collect it in the morning.
    Still no sign of a stem that I swapped tho!

mikey3
    Free Member

SOAP
    Free Member

Member stooo where is my stem ????
    Guess ill write that one off then…..

Viewing 36 posts - 1 through 36 (of 36 total)

The topic ‘I've been let down by 2 members of this Parrish’ is closed to new replies.