• This topic has 64 replies, 26 voices, and was last updated 9 years ago by Jamie.
Viewing 25 posts - 41 through 65 (of 65 total)
  • I've been drinking, and I am going to buy a next gen console…
  • ashweee
    Free Member

Why not get the best special edition console ever http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2014/12/03/playstation-4-20th-anniversary-edition-revealed/

There’s also a new theme on the psn store for the PS3, ps4 and vita that has the ps1 boot up noise.

gofasterstripes
    Free Member

[it’s the thing next to me hurling out 500W of heat]

Jamie
    Free Member

There’s also a new theme on the psn store for the PS3, ps4 and vita that has the ps1 boot up noise.

Oh, I have seen that. If I ever got an ‘ideal’ PS4, it would be the traditional grey

Anyway, as it goes I, I went for a black PS4 on Samuri’s recommendation.

PS4 + LOU + Far Cry 4 = £340.

Not the best deal, but it’ll do.

Tom_W1987
    Free Member

The one thing I really cant stand are the Playstation controllers though, the original Xbox controllers were an ergonomic revelation and I’ve never been able to go back!

Tom_W1987
    Free Member

it’s the thing next to me hurling out 500W of heat]

That’s a very inefficient PSU! 😀

Jamie
    Free Member

I went from Xbox 360 to PS3, and thought the PS3 controllers were rubbish in comparison….and they were. Thumbs slipped off the sticks, and the triggers were angled weird.

…but as anything, you get used to it. Apparently the PS4 pad has improved triggers, and slightly wider sticks, so we’ll see.

Here’s an annoying **** with an overview..

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4f4kKfo6wBg[/video]

Tom_W1987
    Free Member

The don’t even have proper triggers. They just feel like modified R2/L2 buttons from the original controllers! Placement feels weird even on the PS4, like I have to use my middle finger.

gofasterstripes
    Free Member

When I Alt+Tab out of Bioshock everything pegs at 100%. 7970@1170 CPU:i7@4GHz

Tom_W1987
    Free Member

Well, if it’s converting 500w to heat, what the hell is powering your components? :mrgreen:

samuri
    Free Member

Can you tell Playstation that you did it just to annoy me please Jamie? I’m worried they might think you’ve bought it because it’s the best one, when it’s just shit. I’ll let them know on Twitter as well.

D0NK

Why not get the best special edition console ever

yeah it’s the same colour as the original breezeblock ps1 and has…..
    a sticker! Whoo woo

gofasterstripes

should read “minted PC gaming master race”, seeing as how they are the only ones who can afford to buy a machine that’ll run inefficient not-at-all optimised crap ports of modern console games.

ChrisL

I have not got one yet. I was leaning towards the Xbox One due to preferring the Microsoft controllers, then a friend got an Xbox One so that’s pretty much settled it. I still won’t be getting one for a while though.

Jamie
    Free Member

Can you tell Playstation that you did it just to annoy me please Jamie? I’m worried they might think you’ve bought it because it’s the best one, when it’s just shit. I’ll let them know on Twitter as well.

Will do. PS4 incoming. £340 from Tesco with Far Cry 4 and Little Big Planet 3. The latter two will be off to Cex for £70 when they get here, and will start with some of the earlier* titles.

Bottom line is, this ain’t a tattoo. I can always swap/get a Xbox One down the line. I liked both previous consoles, and sure this won’t change. Last time round I had a Xbox360 at the start, then picked up a PS3 cheap once the PS4 came out, and burned through all the PS3 exclusives. The added benefit being, they were cheap as chips. This time I am just doing it the other way round.

…plus, y’know PS4 R0cKz tH3 N00000b M$ shiznots! …or something.

*cheaper 😀

Drac

They’re very good but as it’s a new software it’s taken awhile for newer games to come up to a high standard but that goes for Xbox One too.

Jamie
    Free Member

To be honest, I have broken my own rule of waiting 2 years before pulling the trigger.

Ah well.

Drac

I did too but I’m pleased I did as I enjoy mine.

May have to get back into tomorrow as not been near it for 2 weeks, I took a break to get some work stuff sorted.

Jamie
    Free Member

I am still wondering if I should have been a bit more adventures, and got the white version.

…but then I realised it would look like a stormtrooper under the telly. 😀

Drac

.but then I realised it would look like a stormtrooper under the telly.

That’s a reason to get one.

Jamie
    Free Member

I realised that as I was typing 🙁

Actually, I think the biggest reason is hiding the, literal, filth. As I imagine a white controller is going to get a bit grubby. I know my 360 ones didn’t look too clever after a while.

Drac

Try washing. My PS3 ones are still pretty good well they were until I gave it to my daughter.

Drac

Fight!

phiiiiil

the ps1 boot up noise

Good lord I’d forgotten about that noise!

That’s me revelling in nostalgia for the rest of the evening.

*goes to play it again*

smiththemainman
    Free Member

Surely you will be drinking again in the run up til christmas, right, there you are an xbox one will soon be with you!!! 😀

Jamie
    Free Member

Surely you will be drinking again in the run up til christmas, right, there you are an xbox one will soon be with you!!!

Hmm. I do like the look of Sunset Overdrive….maybe for the best I lock the drinks cabinet.

Viewing 25 posts - 41 through 65 (of 65 total)

The topic ‘I've been drinking, and I am going to buy a next gen console…’ is closed to new replies.