Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • I've been a div (coffee stain on carpet made worse by div content)
  • nedrapier

Hoping for some help amongst the pisstaking.

spilt coffee on the rug, blotted as much out as I could, then found some stain remover in the cupboard, the kind you presoak your clothes in before washing.

Made a solution of this soaked a teatowel in it, dabbed it into the stain and left the teatowel on top. Then fell asleep (at home ill with a virus and pretty much everything needs a short nap to recover from).

This is where the div bit comes in. I chose a teatowel with green stripes, and while the stain remover has done a great job in removing the stain, it’s also done a great job in transferring the green into the rug.

I’m wary about using more of the stain remover in case I end up with a bleached white splodge in a cream rug.

Any suggestions, please!?

akira

Black coffee then you need to pour white coffee on it and vice versa…
    Always had a reasonable amount of luck with the foamy type of stain removers, the foaming action does seem to do a reasonable job of removing various stains.

oreetmon
    Free Member

dye it black 😀

CharlieMungus
    Free Member

Hoping for some help amongst the pisstaking.

I’m sorry, I think you’ve got the wrong number

nedrapier

on 2nd thoughts, I think it’s the kind of slight off green you see some blond people’s hair go when they’ve been in really chloriney pools. Bleached, not green from the teatowel.

Sod. Bleach the whole thing, then? Or cut 18 inches off one side and pretend to the landlady it’s always been that size?

nedrapier

Probably, CM. I did like akira’s black coffee/white coffee idea, though.

molgrips
    Free Member

Foamy carpet cleaner.

mightymarmite
    Free Member

Id avoid the foamy cleaners on light coloured carpets, as was explained to me after I had the carpets cleaned they tend to leave an oily residue, which then does a great job of trapping all the dirt and after a couple of months you end up with big dark patches.

Regards the OP … is it synthetic or wool carpet ?

White vinegar often does a great job as a general cleaner, but you do need to rinse it well which with wool carpet need to be cautious of, Whatever you do … try it in a not so obvious place (ie bottom of a cupboard etc) before you unleash it for real.

McHamish
    Free Member

You need a strategically placed one of these…

nedrapier

Rug on rug action? rrrr…

nedrapier

short term “fix” (not a fix) is to spin the rug 180 degrees which would put the stain/bleach mark under the big char on the other side of the room.

Or, maybe, with juuuussst the right amount of coffee, I could get it back to cream? I think that might result in a father ted teaspoon bodywork scenario.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘I've been a div (coffee stain on carpet made worse by div content)’ is closed to new replies.