Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Iv got a covert do I need a bandit ? If does any one fancy a swap ?
  • tomglass20
    Free Member

Currently riding a transition covert in large with lyrik’s up front, I mainly ride trail centres and what ever riding I can get in the south east (kent) plus the occasional trip to Wales. I’m 6.4ft 17st so thought I would need a bigger bike but it’s a bit of a drag up the hills, whilst out today I saw a bandit and Safe to say I was taken with it. I just wondered if any one has ridden the two back to back ? Has any opinion either way or my be interested in a covert bandit swap ?

Cheers

Tom

fudge9202
    Free Member

Yes mate but i suppose it is dependant where your riding, tried a covert found the same as you on the ups so got a bandit, it is awesome have had mine in Wales and Scotland and here in Ireland its a go (nearly) everwhere bike for me, just received the new 2013 as a warranty replacement with cool looking kashima ctd shock, good luck with the swap!

hugh_b
    Free Member

I had a 2013 covert (literally just sold it on here), a fantastic all round bike. I can only afford the one bike so I need something I can take to France, as well as ride Surrey and Wales on hence why I ride 160mm travel bikes.

I’ve been riding a 2013 29’r bandit on loan from a mate, rode it at Surrey today and I have to say, if I could afford one, it would be ideal for UK riding. Hit all the jumps etc i normally would and found it pedalled better and the lighter bike carried speed better (the wheels size also helped there too). It was seriously good fun aswell!

Sancho
    Free Member

option may be to upgrade the shock as i found the 2012 fox was sitting in its travel too much for climbing, I am now getting a 2013 with a BOS shock but i understand the newer shocks spec’d keep the bike sitting higher and using less travel meaning a better position for climbing.

tomglass20
    Free Member

Yea from what iv read they are great bikes, just out of interest what was the warranty issue ? If I get an older one second hand I’d like to know if there are any nasty surprises waiting for me. As for wheel size currently I’m firmly sticking with 26es for now they just look right to me 🙂

lock
    Free Member

I’ve got a large bandit frame for sale if interested mate

fudge9202
    Free Member

tomglass20 I had a 2012 frame that the paint came off the swingarm after second ride but apparently it was only a fault with my frame and not a complete batch according to transition. Not sure how you fing the frame on the covert but the concensus of opinion on here is that the paint can be fragile but the new 2013 frame appears to be a much better and tougher finish. I got the stealth black in 26er flavour and it is stunnin, two guys in our group ride 29ers FS and the bandit leave them for dead on the decents.

Sancho
    Free Member

not heard of any warranty issues they certainly dont break and when i sold both mine neither had any paint problems other than wear and tear you’d expect.

tomglass20
    Free Member

Lock please message me fella email in profile

Thanks for letting me know fudge, it’s a 2011 covert and the paint isn’t bad it chips when it gets hit (brake lever top tube don’t get on) but apart from that it still looks good lol

fudge9202
    Free Member

Buy the Bandit you will not regret it infact you’ll wonder why you didn’t do it sooner!

lock
    Free Member

Email sent mate

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Iv got a covert do I need a bandit ? If does any one fancy a swap ?’ is closed to new replies.