Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • ITV4 rubbish Freeview interference
  • exilegeordie
    Free Member

Hi,

I live in West Lothian (Blackhill transmitter) and as of Monday night, my reception for ITV4 has been atrocious. In fact, all the channels on Mux D have been rubbish (a lot of artifacts/poor sound quality etc). This is making watching the TdF impossible which is winding me up a treat. My Humax PVR 9200T shows no issues with any other channels, just those on the Mux D. Nothing else has changed on my setup, and I’m not getting interference from any other hardware. I’ve re-tuned the box and this has had no effect.

Is anyone else experiencing this issue? Are there any resources on the web that may explain what to do? I’ve taken a look on AVForums, but nothing seems to have popped up there yet.
    Cheers,

Andy

Mike_D
    Free Member

Strangely it’s pretty clean on the telly but rubbish through the PVR for me, so I can watch it live but not record it. Which means I just watch later in the evening on ITV Player. This is on the south coast FWIW.

t_i_m
    Free Member

At least you can actually get ITV4. Some brainiac did some jiggery-pokery on the Corydon (crystal palace?) transmitter to ahem, improve the freeview channels which resulted in ITV4 being switched off 😯

And the thoroughly useless ITV Player on the PS3 refuses to list the TDF!

exilegeordie
    Free Member

t_i_m, I have the same problem with the PS3 version of ITV Player. If you don’t want to watch Emmerdale, you’re knackered.

exilegeordie
    Free Member

Thanks Mike_D, I tried using ITV Player last night on the PC (about 8.30-ish), but it just hung trying to load the programme. Rubbish, rubbish, rubbish.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘ITV4 rubbish Freeview interference’ is closed to new replies.