Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • ITV4 TDF Idents (Ads that bookend the ads)
  • CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Superb. While showing sporting endeavour, endurance and drive, the ads that frame the show are a load of chubsters playing computer games!

FFS, can they not find something a little more, well, active?

bland

Can’t say I noticed!

headfirst
    Free Member

The boardman bikes ads last year were unbearable. Flip over to Eurosport and then you don’t have to watch them. And they take their ad breaks when nothing much is happening. The commentators talk about getting the ad breaks out of the way before the action hots up in the final.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

The boardman bikes ads last year were unbearable

At least they were something ‘active’. Sitting on your fat lardy arse playing computer games isn’t.

Not impressed.

And yes, they were seriously annoying!

tang
    Free Member

Agreed. What puts me off is the ‘sharing’. Sitting on my arse not looking at my family members in the face? Go and buy a cricket set and get out in the garden or down the park. And blondie family man please visit the Barbour and request a haircut that doesn’t make you look like the badie out of karate kid 1.

Drac

Could be worse could be advertising a TV programme for people to sit and watch or maybe even forum for people to sit and oh…

sc-xc

And blondie family man please visit the Barbour and request a haircut that doesn’t make you look like the badie out of karate kid 1.

– Something for the weekend Sir? A dictionary perhaps?

– no, I would just like my hair cut by this wax jacket.

ell_tell
    Free Member

On a similar vein (not the idents I know) what’s with the images of previous Tour competitors on the ITV4 coverage? I only ever see the same few names shown.

DougD

Was it not Carrera bikes last year with that bloke riding a few of the stages?

nicko74

a load of chubsters playing computer games!

and giggling like imbeciles while they do it. That guy’s idiot laugh makes me want to punch someone with a blonde mop of hair

hallz
    Free Member

Got to say that i am really impressed with the ITV4 coverage (1 hour round up at 7). Witty, informative, well presented and concentrates on the important parts of the races.

As for the adverts I love them as they are easy to spot when fast forwarding at x30!

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘ITV4 TDF Idents (Ads that bookend the ads)’ is closed to new replies.