• This topic has 17 replies, 12 voices, and was last updated 9 years ago by Lifer.
Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • ITV TdF programme – David Millar?
  • cinnamon_girl

Can anyone help please? I know David Millar joined the commentary team in Yorkshire but it sounds as though he’s been interviewed on the ITV TdF coverage.

Not sure whether I heard correctly so does anyone know about this?

Apologies for sounding vague and thanks. 🙂

Lifer
    Free Member

My mate texted me to say Millar was crying on the ITV4 highlights show earlier. Which means I’m £5 richer 😀

markgraylish
    Free Member

There were a couple of short interview sections with Millar during some of the earlier stages (in addition to his role as pundit). Gary Imlach mentioned there would be a third (longer) interview on the rest day.

Presumably this is what you are referring to?

I haven’t seen it yet…

nicko74

He was in the studio team in Yorkshire with Boardman and Imlach; then he went home, it seemed, and they did a piece about him over the course of an interview, which they’ve broken into 3 parts.
    Today’s highlights show has the final part of the David Millar story – a very shortened version of his autobiography.

dobiejessmo
    Free Member

They were doing a 3 part series on him.It was his last TDF in 2013 never got picked this year.He is in Spain now training for commonwealth games.Least he admits he was a pratt a few years ago.Sound guy now.

cinnamon_girl

Thanks guys. I caught a snippet where he was indeed crying. I’ve read his book and was pretty much blown away by his honesty.

Will have a dig around and see if I can find the other two parts.

geetee1972
    Free Member

I was pretty moved by his interview. His honesty is compelling as was his explanation of how he came to cheat.

Lifer
    Free Member

FORGIVEN!

midlifecrashes

Nah, just another cheat.

ampthill

They were great pieces. I like that the crying was the return to winning

I assume they are on 4OD

He did a good job in the interviews and I loved the book

But I think he’d worked hard on his hair so he is probably looking for a media job

I have almost no hair so this maybe jealousy

lemonysam
    Free Member

I assume they are on 4OD

I suspect not…

geetee1972
    Free Member

The thing with cheats is that they aren’t all made the same.

Someone should write a book on Armstrong called ‘It’s not about the doping’. His greatest transgression wasn’t that he cheated, it was how he prosecuted it; how he bullied everyone around him, how he marginalised people publically who disagreed with him, how he destroyed lives by bullying.

When Millar explained how he came to cheat, he basically mirrored what Tyler Hamilton said in his book. You find yourself locked into a career that you love and can’t do anything else but suddenly find your ability to continue that career is basically going to be taken away from you if you don’t dope.

OK it’s far more nuanced than that, but the essence is there. I think it’s wrong and it’s hopefully not what I would do but I won’t judge.

tsurani
    Free Member
    cinnamon_girl

Found it! You’ll need to scroll down, there are 2 vids:

http://www.itv.com/tourdefrance/features

ampthill

Why didn’t name the Italian?

Surely if you are all against doping you would?

Sorry about the 4OD thing. It was on 4 way before the internet…

tpbiker
    Free Member

I can’t stand the man…

Don’t mind that he cheated, pretty much everyone did. I hate the way hes tried to turn his image into some anti doping hero, when in reality he only fessed up when caught red handed, and hes done absolutely nothing of any significance to fix the issue in the sport.

kennyp
    Free Member

I’ve got a huge respect for him. Shows the doping business wasn’t as clear cut as it sometimes seems.

Lifer
    Free Member

His attack on the Champs Elysee last year was brilliant. Screaming at the TV moment.

FORGIVEN!

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘ITV TdF programme – David Millar?’ is closed to new replies.