Viewing 28 posts - 1 through 28 (of 28 total)
  • ITV now – Police Camera Action
  • romster
    Free Member

Making me pretty god damn angry is this…….. 😯

spooky_b329

so what have I missed?

romster
    Free Member

Doing one of those "drivers who don't drive with due care and attention" things. Some female sticking her slap on while in the car. Tuesday this week, i got shoved onto the path by "such driver". Get a f*kin grip, peopls lives are at stake here, why are they so oblivious?

spooky_b329

I think I saw it, they had the story about the convoy of cars racing…same piece?

racing_ralph
    Free Member

spooky – yes. The one i was talking about is the lad in the rangerover – 70 in a 30 hit a car and then nearly killed a kid my daughters age. she needs 24hrs care a day and is severely brain damaged and disabled. He got 6 months in prison!

romster
    Free Member

Not sure mate, switched it off now and come on Singletrack to chat with like minded people who don't drive like ****ts because we all respect cyclists and innocent pedestrians don't we?!

romster
    Free Member

He got 6 months in prison!

That is sick man, so so wrong.

racing_ralph
    Free Member

when you hear about people who get more than a year for piss poor "crimes" like the lad with the laser pen in his bedroom shining at the police helicopter!!

40mpg

Last month i took 25 cyclists across france. A convoy of 2 mini buses, bikes often spread over upto a mile, and 2 vans.

OK so it was quiet rural roads, but EVERY driver over 3 days was patient, left plenty of room and waited for safe places to overtake.

Someone suggested doing LEJOG next year in a similar fashion, but I said no way would I be involved – can you imagine taking that lot on British roads? I've heard of 2 LEJOG cyclists killed this year already.

British drivers make me sick (even though I do 20k a year in the car myself)

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Read the article – he got 21 months. A few years ago he would not have got any jailtime

what use is longer jail sentences anyway? Sentencing is much tougher now than it used to be and does not seem to be any deterrent. What is a deterrent is fear of getting caught. ( this is proven again and again) speed cameras, more cops after motorists, traffic wardens with more powers – the things that catch the dangerous drivers before they damage someone.

However this is seen as some sort of infringement on peoples god given right to drive. The war on motorists, stealth taxation and the like it gets called.

tougher sentencing will make no difference. Tougher laws and tougher enforcement of the laws would.

*dons flameproof suit*

romster
    Free Member

*dons flameproof suit*

Like that! 😆

Worst injury i've ever had at the hands of a carefree driver? A fractured skull! I have my reasons to be VERY angry at these inconsiderate b*stards!

racing_ralph
    Free Member

TandemJeremy – Member

Read the article – he got 21 months. A few years ago he would not have got any jailtime

Watch the progarm and listen to his quote he was out in 6 months!

TJ i have met and spoken to you, stop pretending to be a **** retard! Just to court attention!! If you were interesting then you would not need to be contrary as you aren't …..

highclimber
    Free Member

total disregard for theirs and innocent people's safety. this story of the girl getting rear ended by that woman who sent 20!!! texts is just frightening.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Ralph – I am not being contrary to court attention.

Its all too easy to say that they should be locked in the tower and the key thrown away. However I simply don't believe that will do any good. It would not reduce these cases.

Longer sentences are not a deterrent as people don't think they will be involved in an accident or be caught. An increased chance of being caught is a big deterrent – and that means much tougher enforcement of the law.

What is needed is to make people stop driving like numpties not to punish them afterwards – and that means more police to provide the enforceament which has a cost which the motorist will have to pay.

Thats what I want to see – much tougher enforcement of the law to prevent these incidents not longer sentences after teh incident. Teh longer sentences don't bring back the injured and the dead, preventing the incidents stops them getting killed.

DezB
    Free Member

However this is seen as some sort of infringement on peoples god given right to drive

^That. Infringe it. One strike and you're out. Banned for life. Obviously not for any old crime, but like the chav scum from last week. Longer bans for more minor offences. THERE ARE TOO MANY F%^&ING CARS ON THE ROAD ANYWAY!!!

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Including yours.

molgrips
    Free Member

tougher sentencing will make no difference. Tougher laws and tougher enforcement of the laws would.

+1 for that.

Drive by all means, but do it properly. More enforcement needed.

40mpg

Have any of you actually tried driving at 30 in a 30 limit though? – its effing dangerous! I always feel like i'm about to get run off the road by the 4×4* 2 feet behind or assaulted in a road rage incident for being too slow!

*other tossers in cars also apply

duntmatter
    Free Member

Erm..right.

mtbfix

I was watching it but Gethin's ernestness was getting a bit heavy. Clearly a couple of their test cases treated it as a bit of a joke mind, which was pretty weak.

Junkyard
    Free Member

yes as 40mpg notes the speed limit is the most dangerous speed you can possibly drive at please for the safety of yourself and all other road users ,pedestrains and cyclists PLEASE think of others and speed up. If you get nervous at these new speeds have a drink to relax yourself first

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

40 mpg – yes i have. If they follow too close they get a dab on the brakes ( just enough to light the brake lights up) If they continue to follow too close I just slow further.

Not that I drive in town very often.

racing_ralph
    Free Member

where abouts are the brake lights on the "high horse" TJ?

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Yeah, and if they drive into the back of you, then it's technically their fault so you can sue them for whiplash!

DezB
    Free Member

Elfinsafety – Member
    Including yours

Mine's on the driveway you berk

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Yeah it is now, but it weren't earlier, was it? 🙄

scraprider
    Free Member

stupid bitch with that stupid dag , jesus h crist on a friging bike. wtf are they like.

Viewing 28 posts - 1 through 28 (of 28 total)

The topic ‘ITV now – Police Camera Action’ is closed to new replies.