Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • iTunes/apps numpty question
  • PeterPoddy
    Free Member

I recently bought a (barely) used laptop and transferred all my music over from my iPhone no problems into the new version of iTunes installed on it

But I've just noticed my apps havent transferred into the new iTunes, there's just one game in there. If I ask it to sync, 'it says all existing apps and data will be REPLACED by the apps in this library' which to me means they will all be lost…?

Advice please? 😕

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Best give the iPhone to me as you clearly don't know what you're doing, and such technology is wasted on you.

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1386

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

And now for some useful input?

😛

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

One a day keeps the doctor away.

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Ohhhh, I'll stuff that apple up your bloody ^%&^%$(&(%)"!£!!!!

samuri
    Free Member

When you buy an apps. It's yours for life. You'll never lose it. However, if it's not previously been synched to your PC then yes, if you wipe your iphone and use itunes to rebuild it, the only way you can get everything back is by going to itunes on your iphone and getting it manually. You'll not have to pay again, but you'll still have to re-fetch it.,

I think if you hit the 'synch ipod' menu item in itunes, it'll get everything from your iphone.

Anything lost by following this advice is tough crap.

DezB
    Free Member

I think if you hit the 'synch ipod' menu item in itunes, it'll get everything from your iphone.

This worries me – if you 'sync ipod' with a music iPod device, your iPod will be wiped, and all your lovely New Order tracks will disappear. It will sync whatever is in the iTunes library on the computer onto the iPod.
    Not sure how this works with a iPhone cos I ain't got one.

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Sorted

Menu > Transfer purchases

Told you I was a numpty!

samuri
    Free Member

Transfer purchases

That's the one!
    Lucky you ignored me.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘iTunes/apps numpty question’ is closed to new replies.