Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • iTunes to MP3 conversion
  • FuzzyWuzzy

OK so I need to make a copy of my iTunes library onto an SD card but needs to be in MP3 format on the SD card and a lot of the iTunes stuff is DRM protected AAC.
    I see there are quite a few utilities out there to do it (like this: http://www.aimersoft.com/drm-music-converter.html) but not found a free one yet. Does anyone know of one (that they’ve used rather than something from a dodgy looking Russian download site)? Call me cheap but I don’t want to spend $25 for a one-off conversion of songs I already legally own 🙁 I’ve not tried the trial version yet of the one I linked to but assume it limits the song length to a minute or something.

euain

Can you not do it in iTunes – change your import settings to MP3 – then right-click on the tracks and select “Create MP3 version”?

It might not work on DRM-ed tunes though – works fine for recently purchased music though as it’s not got DRM.

FuzzyWuzzy

Yeah that’s the problem with that method, doesn’t work on DRM stuff and I must have about 100 songs from the pre-DRM-free days

crmcc
    Free Member

Not very good for 100 tracks, but I usually burn a disc and then re-import from the disc. This also gives you a copy of your purchase. Good luck.
    Never tried this but 100 tracks would easily fit onto a dvd, but don’t know if itunes will let you burn audio to dvd.

cbike
    Free Member

Macsome Itunes convertor. Does what it says. outputs to anything in a batch. seems to do DRM stuff too.

simonfbarnes
    Free Member
    CountZero

Not very good for 100 tracks, but I usually burn a disc and then re-import from the disc. This also gives you a copy of your purchase. Good luck.
    Never tried this but 100 tracks would easily fit onto a dvd, but don’t know if itunes will let you burn audio to dvd.

No problem. A mate and I regularly burn DVD’s of our latest buys and swap them, it’s easier to just import a hundred or so tracks back into iTunes, than exchange fifteen or twenty CDs. We both rip at 320Kb so never an issue.
    [edit] in fact, that solves you software problem; just make a playlist of your tracks, which should tell you how much space it needs, then just put in a blank DVD and select ‘burn to disk’
    Then all you need to do is re-rip into iTunes and Robert’s your mother’s brother.
    You could either keep the DRM originals on the disk as a safety back-up, and delete the ones in iTunes, so you’re all DRM-free, or select them into a smart playlist to not play.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘iTunes to MP3 conversion’ is closed to new replies.