Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • iTunes Remote App!?!
  • PlopNofear
    Free Member

I’ve been trying to get the Remote app on my iPhone 4 to work with my desktop but it doesn’t seem to connect. It works with my laptop but not my desktop. I don’t know what it is, they are running the same firewall and the same settings.

The only thing I could think of is the wireless card in my desktop not allowing multiple connections or something, but then I don’t see how my laptops wireless card would be better.

russianbob
    Free Member

It works on iTunes libraries.

euain

Is “Home Sharing” turned on on the desktop?

sharkbait
    Free Member

Is “Home Sharing” turned on on the desktop?

this and are they running on the same Apple ID (and signed in)

trail_rat
    Free Member

it doesnt connect to your wireless card – it connects to your network via your router.

is your desktop logged in to your apple ID or another family members ? – i had this issue , the mrs had logged in with hers and i was trying to stream from the desk top- was driving me MENTAL

PlopNofear
    Free Member

Home sharing is on, and they are using the same Apple ID.

My desktop can access my laptops library but not the other way around. Seems like my desktop doesn’t like other things connecting to it.

sharkbait
    Free Member

it doesnt connect to your wireless card – it connects to your network via your router.

…. Which is done through the network/wireless card.

trail_rat
    Free Member

but it wont have multiple connections going into the network/wireless card now will it ?

it will connect desktop > router > iphone.

much like mines streams desktop > router > airport express

sharkbait
    Free Member

but it wont have multiple connections going into the network/wireless card now will it ?

No, not multiple connections.

So first thing is to see if the iPhone can see the desktop – one way is to download and run Fing on the iPhone…. this will show you all the devices it can see on the network.

If it sees your desktop then maybe its a windows firewall issue – make sure ports TCP 123, 80, 443, 53, 3689, UDP 5353 are open.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘iTunes Remote App!?!’ is closed to new replies.