Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • iTunes help
  • robbo1234biking

All my albums seem to have each song twice on them and im not sure why i.e. when I play an album it will play Tracks 1,1,2,2,3,3,4,4 etc

Any quick fixes without deleting one track which is going to take forever of all my albums!

Shackleton

If you right click and ask to show in explorer (assuming you are on a PC) do the duplicate tracks live in the same place? If they are in different places then delete one set from explorer and refresh the iTunes display to remove links to the now non-existent files.

Or do >file>show duplicates and delete the duplicated ones.

I had to do both of these but there may be a better way!

P

DezB
    Free Member

It may be because you have that crazy “Copy media files to iTunes library and give them stupid incomprehensible names by duplicating them all over the place” option checked. (Under Advanced)
    Then it could be adding them from the original file and the iTunes lirary folder.
    But yeah, File>Display Duplicates will list all the doubled up ones so you can check the Info and see where they are duplicated from. Then remove the ones you don’t want.

robbo1234biking

Ah it might be because they are on my external hard drive that I back everything up to in that case!

How do I only get itunes to read from the hard disk then?

Shackleton

>edit >preferences >advanced

Then check that you only have one file route listed. If not change it to the one you want and delete the ones you don’t and then remove the tracks from iTunes using one of the earlier methods. It may actually be easier to completely empty iTunes and then reload from your desired location specified above.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘iTunes help’ is closed to new replies.