Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Itunes and albums tracks not appearing in the same place
  • DickBarton

I’ve noticed this over various updates to itunes but can’t seem to work out how to fix it – I’ve got a number of albums that appear to be placed all over my itunes library – a fair amount are by various artists – compilations and the like, but I have say 16 tracks showing in 1 place and 4 showing in another place – when I look at the track info, it appears to be the same for all (apart from artist, track number and song title)…how do I get them to be merged properly and show as a single album entry?

kcal

“part of compilation” – assume that’s ticked for all tracks? Album artist maybe?

DickBarton

Yes, part of compilation has been ticked on them all…just seems strange that individual or random tracks from an album won’t appear within that album…

Sandwich

Album title all the same for all tracks?
    Use the info dialog box to make the album artist “various artists” not the track artists mind.
    You can also enter ” Various artists” in the sort by album artist box.
    Counter-intuitively select all the tracks then deselect the part of compilation box. Close the window, re-open it and re-select part of a compilation.

somafunk

select the tracks in question, click get info , ensure the id3 tags are identical for each track, if it is a compilation of 15 tracks ensure they are numbered correctly in “track number”.

ie : track 1 should be 1 of 15 , track 2 should be 2 of 15 etc…etc…

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Itunes and albums tracks not appearing in the same place’ is closed to new replies.