Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • iTunes alternative – anyone have any experience of iExplorer?
  • exilegeordie
    Free Member

Linked here

So Mrs Geordie has an iPhone, our iTunes music library is on a Netgear ReadyNAS NV+ running Logitech Media Server 7.7.2. Music gets streamed to a receiver and radio and this works very well.

What doesn’t work well is iTunes over the network. My PC is hardwired in to the router alongside the ReadyNAS, so I have no problems dropping files on to my Android phone. However, the missus really struggles with her laptop and iTunes…response times are abysmal, and inevitably ends up with a failed synch. I don’t know whether this is down to a poor signal (unlikely as she can stream vids etc no problem), or whether it’s the way iTunes is configured.

We’re either looking for an alternative (as per the thread title), or suggestions on how we can improve what we’ve got. For info, in her iTunes install, we simply point to the relevant folder on the ReadyNAS and I’ve defined it as a shared iTunes server (not sure whether that step was entirely necessary).

As ever, all help gratefully received.

exilegeordie
    Free Member

*Bump*

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

The topic ‘iTunes alternative – anyone have any experience of iExplorer?’ is closed to new replies.