Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • Itunes
  • Shorty121
    Free Member

I bought a few items on itunes but had to format my computer due to a problem, is there anyway I can get them back?

alfabus
    Free Member

buy them again from the same account – you won’t have to pay.

Shorty121
    Free Member

Oh right cheers

Shorty121
    Free Member

It still asks for payment

DezB
    Free Member

Positive its the same account?

Shorty121
    Free Member

Yeah it’s got the history of bought items on it

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Had something similar to this with a HDD failure – found I had lost all my iTunes purchases – says so in the T&Cs (I think). 🙁

Lesson learned. Everything is backed up now. 😐

Shorty121
    Free Member

Surely that’s theft?

bruneep

Surely that’s theft?

Nope!

If I buy a CD in HMV after 6 mths say I lose said CD can I go back to HMV with the receipt and get another FOC?

Shorty121
    Free Member

Hmmm. I agree that you can’t get another CD as that’s a manufactured object but the download is a file that you could just download again

convert

Click on link to store in itunes. On the right hand side there is a link in the “quick links” to “purchased”. Click on that and it should show you all the items you have purchased and which ones are not downloaded to that computer.

I’m guessing if you have downloaded them but formatted the HDD they will show as “not on computer”.

Gunz
    Free Member

I did the same thing and mailed their Customer Services who re-sent the songs to my account. They said they would do it once though and recommended I back everything up following the advice on their FAQ section.

Shorty121
    Free Member

I shall give it a go then 🙂

Shorty121
    Free Member

Can you remember the email address?

Drac

You can access them from the purchased link, long gone is the ability not to download them again.

Edit:

On the left under Quick Links you want purchased, in that window at the bottom right click Download Previous Purchases.

This takes you to a new window with the option of selecting what you want to download.

Shorty121
    Free Member

I’m guessing that’s for people who have bought after that was introduced as I can’t see anything in the bottom right

Drac

No it’s for any purchases.

Do a search on Apple forums I bet there’s an answer to why you can’t see it.

Gunz
    Free Member

Apologies for tardy reply, been running. If the above from Drac doesn’t work, I believe I found the mail address in the Contact Us section on a web search for iTunes. It was a while ago hence my vague recollection.

convert

Sounds like you have not authorised the computer for the account (Store tab at the top, authorise this computer). Just to prove it works I just deleted an album I bought in 2008 from ITunes, went to “purchased” and there it was to download again in the “not on this computer” section.

Drac

That could be it convert needs authorised due to formatting. Was a short reply last night as I was at work.

Shorty121
    Free Member

Its still not liking it 🙁

DezB
    Free Member

I’ve got a vague memory that the “Download Previous Purchases” thing only happens after you sign up to iCloud?

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)

The topic ‘Itunes’ is closed to new replies.