Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • itunes 12.3 help please
  • iolo
    Free Member

How do I put music onto my iphone 6 plus using itunes 12.3 on a macbook pro (2105)?
    It used to be download music, add phone, sync. Simple.
    Now I have no idea. Google isn’t really helping.
    Thanks.

robvalentine

is it refusing to sync any music, or is it not adding any more?

iolo
    Free Member

Not syncing any music. I clicked on sync ticked songs but then realise I have no idea how to tick a song as the check box is no loner next to each one.

IA

If you’ve turned on iCloud music library or are using Apple Music it doesn’t work like that any more.

In that case you need both to be on iCloud music library and do it via that rather than syncing manually like an animal.

iolo
    Free Member

I have no idea how i’d do that. I put the music on itunes from a cd.
    Any pointers?

coolhandluke
    Free Member

Skip iTunes, use copy trans.

CountZero

If you’re not using the cloud to store music, and want to select individual tracks, there’s a circle with three dots in it next to each track, if you tap on that, it should give you the option to copy the track to any device linked to iTunes, if I remember correctly; I haven’t copied any over for a month or two, so I could have that wrong, but it’s something like that.
    Shame you can’t just drag’n’drop, or select a bunch of tracks then d’n’d, like you used to be able to do.

iolo
    Free Member

I have icloud too. I have about 200gb of music available on all my devices when on wifi.
    I just need music on my iphone available offline for when I’m flying (I travel quite a bit).
    I use itunes as it’s where all my music is.

iolo
    Free Member

Can anyone help? It used to be so easy. Now I have no bloody idea.

radtothepowerofsik
    Free Member

When on wifi, on your phone, hold down on the album cover (or track) to get a menu to pop up, then choose ‘make available offline’ and it’ll download it to the phone

iolo
    Free Member

“make available offline” doesn’t see to work. Do you need to have an apple music sub for that to work? It’s my music, bought on cd and nothing to do with apple. In the past this was so easy to do. My iphone 4 was full of music from cd’s that didn’t need data to make it work. Why is it so bloody hard to do something now that should be so easy?

doris5000

Why is it so bloody hard to do something now that should be so easy?

since upgrading from Snow Leopard to Yosemite this summer, i have been shouting this phrase with alarming regularity 😐

DezB
    Free Member

Have you selected “Playlists” view from the top bar?
    It works like v11 if you do that. It’s the only way I can work with iTunes now.
    I have the checkbox, but no idea what it’s for as I never use Sync.

unovolo
    Free Member

Skip iTunes, use copy trans

Beat me to it, I’m just using it at the moment(copytrans manager) to sort out songs that I use on my nano in the car, also use it on the works iPhone.
    Its simple and it works.

iolo
    Free Member

Can i get my itunes match and icloud music to work on copytrans?

slowoldman

I’ve never used “ticked songs” to synchronise. Seems too many clicks to me. I create playlists in iTunes, copy individual tracks (hate the modern usage of the word “songs”) then synchronise playlists.

jambalaya
    Free Member

OP you may be doing this but …. connect the phone to the computer and iTunes … click on the phone icon in iTunes and then the music icon. It’s here you decide which parts of your library you want to sync across. All this works fine for me and the majority of my music I have ripped from CD’s and this is how I sync.

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘itunes 12.3 help please’ is closed to new replies.