Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 30 total)
  • It's wet. Shall I shan't I?
  • oldgit
    Free Member

Bugger, it’s that fine rain that cut’s right through.
    Raced Tuesday. Excuse not to #1
    Raced Friday. Excuse not to #2
    Wanted to relax Monday and Tuesday.
    Four days off is my longest holiday since Christmas 2010.
    Racing again Tuesday. Excuse not to #3
    Arse biscuits.

Perhaps a road mince. One big hill. A coffee stop and home?

Stoner
    Free Member

I think I probably will. This weather will keep most of the grockles off the Malverns, and I havent ridden this week yet 😳

oldgit
    Free Member

Well stop building houses then and do something worthwhile. 😉

cynic-al
    Free Member

Won’t make any difference to your fitness.

cynic-al
    Free Member

Won’t make any difference to your fitness.

rOcKeTdOg

Hmmm, got a beer fest to go to later and haven’t ridden since friday, legs are missing the abuse but lying in bed with the great book i’m reading is looking like a good option, recovery is all part of training isn’t it?

jamesco

Consider yourself lucky that you can choose, if you are fit and healthy then get on with it or shut up, no offence intended but some of us would love to just sit on a bike ne’er mind get out for a ride , shall I sha’nt I? ,**** off an’do it then come on and post after about how good it was, yeah!thanks, feeling sorry for myself is all 😥

Stoner
    Free Member

haven’t ridden since friday,

Wow! A whole day off the bike! You slack bastard.

muppetWrangler
    Free Member

I’m applying the opposite logic. It’s wet I’m going to get mucky whatever I do so have swapped the planned road ride for an off road one instead. It helps that the mountain bikes are filthy and if anything the drizzle would probably help clean them up a bit.

giantx4
    Free Member

Just do it dude!….i gotta go work…booooooooooooo

jamesco

Gonna go on that other forum now where that bloke blogs his rides and posts great pics to cheer myself up

rOcKeTdOg

Wow! A whole day off the bike! You slack bastard.

I know, i know! Getting angsty about it, legs are twitchy, more than two days and i get very guilty about it, i could ride to the beerfest though, might not be sensible on the way back though

oldgit
    Free Member

Consider yourself lucky that you can choose, if you are fit and healthy then get on with it or shut up, no offence intended but some of us would love to just sit on a bike ne’er mind get out for a ride , shall I sha’nt I? ,**** off an’do it then come on and post after about how good it was, yeah!thanks, feeling sorry for myself is all

Okey dokey then.

hugor
    Free Member

Monday’s forecast looks pretty good. Rest day for me today.
    Can’t be bothered with the post ride faff after a muddy rainy ride.

mooman
    Free Member

Muddy wet gloopy slow mtb trails no longer hold the slightest appeal.
    The faff of cleaning – even less so.

So its time to dust off winter road bike and have blast at local KOM times for an hour.

Stoner
    Free Member

Mrs S just off out on the road SS for a few hours. Once she’s back and scrubbed I can hand over care of the animals children to her and hit the hills.

Better go to the shed and sort that creak out first or I’ll be grumpy later…

Kryton57

Glandular fever 3 weeks ago, and with my event diary closed from August due to the imminent arrival of KJ02 means its social biking for me only – decided not to ride this morning.

Having said that with 3-4 rides a week up ’til May being the previous, I do feel twitchy about not riding although I WILL have a ride tomorrow.

*sips coffee and eats continental meats selection for breakfast*

Dancake
    Free Member

Me
    In the Garden all day yesterday grafting / picnic
    Playing with Son all Morning / Christening in the Afternoon today. Tomorrow: Street party which I have accidentally got involved in. Tuesday: Work.

This kind of thing happens every weekend so I try and steal rides in the week.

If you have the chance to go out do it, I say

Sandwich

Later for me, an extended return from work planned. It will give the rain time to really get going!

mboy
    Free Member

Looked out the window and ashamed to say thought “no, too wet to bother.”

Hope it dries up a bit, got two rides planned for the next two days, and whilst I’m not a fair weather only rider, it is bloody June and I’ve had enough of a lack of summer so far this year!

Andyhilton
    Free Member

I’m umming and aahing too. I did 60 yesterday so if I just do 30 miles that will make 200 for the week. It seems like a nice round number and it would be nice to hit that. Pissing it down here in Manchester though so not that appealing.

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

yep. The trails will be even faster with dust damped down.

Tom83

Been out this morning, nothing fancy, just climbed up and back down again the big hill on the next street until my legs gave up! Good work out for not many miles covered.

ChunkyMTB
    Free Member

29 degrees here already 😀

rOcKeTdOg

@miketually

Bank holiday weekend should have been a week ago. The Queen stole our sunny bank holiday weekend.

M6TTF
    Free Member

Went out, it was frickin grim. It must’ve properly lashed it down all night. There was 2″ of standing water everywhere, it was like riding along a stream. Numb feet and hands. Depressing!

oldgit
    Free Member

Good ride, wet but still.
    Going back to sturdier tyres. One puncture with Rubino Pro 3s last year. I think about thirty or more this year on my Chalenge tyres, two more today. Though only went down when I got home.

Edit; Bought 3 x 5 packs of tubes, plus the 6 I had. Only got 2 left and the others have all been repaired twice. That’s 38 punctures and 2 more today
    Poncy euro tyres.

Edit edit; Though it could be because they’re all 18/20c in 23c tyres

Stoner
    Free Member

went out. Sodden by 10 minutes in, so decided to ride a bit further than normal 🙂

Malvern almost rides faster in the wet once the dust is tamped. In fact a notorious loamy soft patch has been washed clean to the hardcore – fastest it’s been in all my years riding it.

Had to hose myself down on return though…

billysugger
    Free Member

Had to hose myself down on return though…

Winner

thered

I did, would’ve been drier and cleaner if I jumped in a canal with my bike. It’s been a long time since my b@!!$ were soaking but twas a great ride. Singletrack replaced by streams. 😀

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 30 total)

The topic ‘It's wet. Shall I shan't I?’ is closed to new replies.