Viewing 30 posts - 41 through 70 (of 70 total)
  • "It's too hot"
  • tang
    Free Member

The joys of working from home. 4 showers and I’ve kom’d the freezer defrosting.

fifeandy
    Free Member

Feel free to send me some ‘hot’. I love it, and at 15deg its still borderline arm warmer weather here.

flanagaj
    Free Member

I’m gutted that it’s set to cool down tomorrow. Have really enjoyed the mountain biking in the warm sunshine 😀

mrblobby
    Free Member

Really enjoyed the hot… and even more so the absence of strong winds. It is unfortunately back to normal gusty conditions today 🙁

Kryton57

Have really enjoyed the mountain biking in the warm sunshine

Me too, 2 Xc races in 30 degrees in 3 days. 😯

I don’t mind being warm but I don’t like sleeping on this heat, all clammy etc.

breadcrumb

My 9 month old daughter is struggling in this heat. Like her dad, she’s not made for these warm climates being a Cumbrian.

angeldust
    Free Member

It’s too hot. Glad it is cooling down. Don’t like it above 20 degrees C.

mogrim

Nice and hot here, too, max of 35C predicted for tomorrow. Should make Saturday’s race fun…

Daffy

42deg on the airfield at Le Bourget (Paris Airshow) yesterday and 55deg on the shuttle buses to and from the station…some people (men and women) had sweated through their suits, never mind their shirts/blouses.

tjagain

Some of you need some testicular fortitude tablets

I have worked indoors and out in 40Degree heat – and have climbed mountains in 40 degree heat. Its not too hot at all ever in the UK

sirromj

Not enjoying daily bicycle commutes in this heat. It’s putting me off riding, and all but one or two pairs of my shorts are so worn they get sweat patches on the cheeks 😳

Have been taking it easy on the way home (rarely have time to take it easy on way to work) but still working up a sweat. I seem to sweat at the slightest provacation.

squirrelking
    Free Member

It is too hot when ridiculous uniform requirements come into it.

And 40deg, wow. Come back when you’ve stripped a purifier in a 65deg room and stopped sweating ten minutes after you went in. 35deg gives you chills. #mywillysbigger

MrOvershoot

squirrelking – Member

It is too hot when ridiculous uniform requirements come into it.

And 40deg, wow. Come back when you’ve stripped a purifier in a 65deg room and stopped sweating ten minutes after you went in. 35deg gives you chills. #mywillysbigger

Ah yes the joys of Nomex kit along with gloves etc while trying to strip down & rebuild equipment in a furnace like environment.
    Last year I spent my birthday at work being so hot I threw up about 2 litres of water I had drunk in an attempt to keep hydrated at work

mattyfez

climbed mountains in 40 degree heat.

Couldn’t have been a very high mountain.

Parhaps it was more of a hill?

Houns

I must admit I do have one complaint

All of my towels are like cardboard from drying them on the washing line. Well, I suppose it saves using an exfoliator

tjagain

matty – 7000 ft?

crazy-legs

I’m in northern Italy at the moment, it’s mid 30s in the shade by mid afternoon. Thankfully, much cooler at 2500+ m but that means climbing Stelvio in the heat!

Loads of cyclists out here, lots of them really suffering. There’s a Stelvio Sportive this weekend, bet it’s going to be hell for a lot of them.

angeldust
    Free Member

I have worked indoors and out in 40Degree heat – and have climbed mountains in 40 degree heat. Its not too hot at all ever in the UK

You are probably confusing ‘can’t do something because it is too hot’ with ‘this would be much nicer if it wasn’t as hot’ :roll:. Most people seem to have a range of temperature they are most comfortable in. The ones that enjoy the hot weather will often be the ones moaning in winter that it’s too cold (when it feels perfect for me).

Would you rather be climbing that mountain covered in sweat with your underwear matted to your undercarriage and your eyes stinging, or with a light chill and breeze in the air making things much more comfortable? I much prefer it pissing down or snowing to the former, but that’s just me.

firestarter
    Free Member

Its not too hot at all ever in the UK

Tjagain you want to try full fire kit and ba in a building fire after carrying a big bloody ladder and running out the hoses in said full kit. It was a tad warm 😉

Klunk
    Free Member

lovely out on the road bike last night, heat and traffic make for a very smooth and fast road though not so nice when it rains.

fifeandy
    Free Member

Or in my case:

The ones that enjoy the hot weather will often be the ones moaning in wintersummer that it’s too cold

13°C on the bike last night, forgot arm warmers and my elbows nearly turned into ice cubes 😥

DezB
    Free Member

Tjagain you want to try full fire kit and ba in a building fire after carrying a big bloody ladder and running out the hoses in said full kit.

Tj’s so hard he could do that naked. Er, that sounds a bit wrong…

It was TOO HOT Tuesday night, cos I couldn’t sleep. Down the beach on Weds it was just right. 8)

v8ninety

Tisn’t (twasn’t; seems to have gone now) too hot, it’s too damn HUMID. Like others, I sweat to keep cool. If that sweat doesn’t evaporate because the air is already saturated with moisture, it just sits on me uncomfortably and I get hot and grumpy. Temp/humidity much more pleasant today.

Coyote
    Free Member

Its not too hot at all ever in the UK

Not often I agree with TJ but this is one of those rare times.

It was NOT too hot! Still, back to normal today…

BikePawl
    Free Member

tjagain – Member

I have worked indoors and out in 40Degree heat – and have walked up mountains in 40 degree heat. Its not too hot at all ever in the UK

POSTED 14 HOURS AGO # REPORT-POST
    FTFY
    And tell the good people about your failed attempt to walk up Mount Olympus on Crete, you ran out of water because it was to hot, maybe you need some testicular fortitude tablets.

molgrips
    Free Member

have climbed mountains in 40 degree heat

Hot mountains are dry, which makes that kind of heat much easier to deal with than when it’s humind. I was in Utah last summer where it was hotter than this, but was much easier to deal with.

Anyway. You know that day when the records were broken? I was in Scotland riding my bike in torrential rain and 15C. So shut up all of you.

perchypanther
    Free Member

I was in Scotland riding my bike in torrential rain and 15C.

You lucky swine. You managed to time it just right to catch the height of summer!

scud
    Free Member

I love this heat if you are outside and can move about, went to see Stone Roses at Wembley on saturday and going on the packed Tube trains was how i imagine a “boil in the bag” feels, blinkin evil.

Daughter is Type 1 diabetic and her insulin pump is normally changed every 3 days, but twice in this heat the insulin in the pump has started to degrade and stop being effective so had to do a pump change, little things sent to test us!

wwaswas

It so hot in Phoenix Arizona that the street signs are melting.

aracer
    Free Member

Exactly. I’m not a great one for heat, but I’ve raced in 40 degrees in the mountains in Utah and been a lot more comfortable than in the UK humidity (an interesting temperature gradient – we’d been racing overnight and it had been below freezing, was over 30 degrees by 9am)

Viewing 30 posts - 41 through 70 (of 70 total)

The topic ‘"It's too hot"’ is closed to new replies.