Viewing 36 posts - 1 through 36 (of 36 total)
  • It's too dry!
  • ajantom

Not complaining like 😉

Just had a marvellous dusk 10 miler on Woodbury Common. Dusty, empty trails……lovely.

welshfarmer

Riding the Offa Dyke ridge in the Blacks tonight. In almost 50 years I don’t think I have ever seen it quite so dry and certainly never in April

rOcKeTdOg

Dusty + loamy on tonight’s ride, brilliant!

faustus

The hoof-prints have turned to concrete on the local bridleways, always a sign of good weather! It is bloody lovely everywhere though, all the winter boggy no-go areas now running fine..

lemonysam
    Free Member

50km on the bike last night, Morning off to get a climb in today. Life is good.

bigyinn
    Free Member

Hmmm, I really should make the effort to get out this evening I think.

soobalias
    Free Member

reported.

blimming idiot, why dont you take the mudguards off and put some summer tyres on too

hooli

Never too dry, its brilliant out there and the beer washes away any dust at the mid way pub stop.

amedias
    Free Member

he’s right though, it’s properly into ‘dust now slipperier than when damp’ territory round here, and there’s no squidgyness holding the pebbly rocks together either…

but its great! 😀

ajantom

blimming idiot, why dont you take the mudguards off and put some summer tyres on too

God, we’re a superstitious bunch us MTBers aren’t we?
    Though you’re probablt right, and it’ll thunder and hail for the next 90 days now 😆

Klunk
    Free Member

it’s been pretty dry since the middle of march (if not particularly warm bar the last few days) around here. Have to say it is my favourite time of year to ride when theres no undergrowth to grapple with.

medoramas
    Free Member

Oh yes, it’s soooo gooooood now! I still can’t believe that on Good Friday I riding some Dartmoor trails wearing my full-on winter gear and mudguards…

nedrapier

I went for my first proper post work thrash last night. Really good fun hour in the dustydusk. Found some of the Gibbet Hill dgnarllhill trails, too. Good fun, and now I’m less confused about the full-face massivebike riders I’ve seen up there before.

rOcKeTdOg

last night was what night rides this time of year are all about, buff singletrack, loamy corners and an amazing sunset

bigyinn
    Free Member

Yep, only downside is I have lots of insect bites on my arms and legs. Clouds of the little shits out last night.
    Still 2 KOMs and fast dry trails with no bugger about, whats not to like?

Rubber_Buccaneer

Joined a 16 strong shop ride last night, could hardly see through the dust if you were near the back. Like this until November would be fine by me 🙂

warns74
    Free Member

rOcKeTdOg – last night was what night rides this time of year are all about, buff singletrack, loamy corners and an amazing sunset

You realise you’re now responsible for a whole series of new posts about “what tyres for buff singletrack”!

medoramas
    Free Member

How to find out if it’s dry without going out?

Look at the number of “Uh! Oh! You lost your KOM!” notifications recieved… 😉

rOcKeTdOg

You realise you’re now responsible for a whole series of new posts about “what tyres for buff singletrack”!

B or 29+ #obvs 😉

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

Was out on the local moors last night and they are still a mud bath in places.

Although its not rained for a litle while now here oop north (Yorkshire) its still bloody cold, so the sun isnt drying out the moors 🙁

scoop
    Free Member

You’ve done it! it’s raining now….

rOcKeTdOg

Blimey is so dry, I’m over cooking corners now as the dust isn’t grippy! 😀

iainc

Dusty Cathkin yesterday, dryish mud at Mugdock today. I have 2 slightly dirty bikes, my OCD is working on me 😀

martinhutch

Although its not rained for a litle while now here oop north (Yorkshire) its still bloody cold, so the sun isnt drying out the moors

Where’s that then? Out in the Dales, even in a couple of usual slop-spots, there was nothing but baked mud for the most part.

onlysteel
    Free Member

Mud X off, SB8’s on.

valleydaddy
    Free Member

Perfect conditions today only downside was the chocking effect of the burnt hillsides here in S Wales it was like riding through Napam destructed areas at times

rOcKeTdOg

still dusty today!

scaredypants

Don’t worry – tomorrow I’m taking the mud tyre off the back of the SS

Should be good for 40 days and nights of rain, I imagine

mintimperial

still dusty today!

It’s just flipping weed it down for several hours here, thanks for that. 🙁

MoreCashThanDash

Was raining when I rode home from work 🙄

bigyinn
    Free Member

rocketdog, why are your nipples lactating?

M6TTF
    Free Member

Still plenty of mud knocking about in macclesfield area if you’re missing it

onehundredthidiot

We’ve only just got out of winter stuff, dry last night, lashing down since lunchtime.

rOcKeTdOg

bigyinn – Member

rocketdog, why are your nipples lactating?

excess lube on the nipples, they are a new build and I’ve not washed it yet

makecoldplayhistory
    Free Member

And my months of feeling smug have gone as the monsoon season arrived with a vengeance on Sunday.

Mind you, slipping, sliding and generally having fun in the mud was fantastic. After 8 months of baking sun, most of the trails were simply too fast. Like very uneven concrete.

Viewing 36 posts - 1 through 36 (of 36 total)

The topic ‘It's too dry!’ is closed to new replies.