Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • It's the wars of the roses all over again…
  • loddrik
    Free Member

Whenever I saw the TV ad for ‘Yorkshire Tea’ I never could quite work out which particular corner of that monsoon lashed county could support a tea plantation. Now the wife has just come back with a box of ‘Lancashire Tea’……

WTF..?!

muddydwarf
    Free Member

What, the North supports the weak offspring of a successful war-leader (himself the son of an usurper) whilst the South leans towards a slightly rebellious family with links to the Crown & ideas of Grandeur?

😛

woody2000

Only if you think the War of the Roses was between Yorkshire and Lancashire….

But yes, Yaarkshire tea most definitely was not grown in Yaarkshire.

Cougar

Having had both, I can say fairly categorically that if the War of the Roses -had- been fought over tea, they’d all have given up and buggered off to the pub ten minutes in. Unless the war was over “which of these two paltry attempts at tea mings most badly?”

woody2000

Cougar – you can’t make a cup of Yorkshire tea without Yorkshire water, so if you’re not in god’s own county, don’t bother 🙂

monkeychild
    Free Member

I am from Greater Manchester and as much as it pains me 😉 I think Yorkshire tea is much nicer.

Naranjada
    Free Member

Being a proud Lancastrian I am ashamed to say that Lancashire Tea is indeed t’minging.

bassspine
    Free Member

Earl Grey is far superior to your northern monkey tea

uphillcursing
    Free Member

bassspine – Member

Earl Grey is far superior to your northern monkey tea

I think it might be worth while finding out who the Earl Grey the tea is named for was and most certainly where he was from. Somewhere a bit north of the M62 I think you might find

bassspine
    Free Member

ok, Earl Grey is far superior to monkey tea.

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Some northern monkeys earlier, enjoying a dip in the pool during the warm snap:

Notice they have red faces? Sunburn because they were watching a programme about Africa on the telly.

CountZero

Actually they’re blushing after being caught watching Celebrity Come Dancing.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘It's the wars of the roses all over again…’ is closed to new replies.