Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Its still the best!!
  • loddrik
    Free Member

The Wire that is. Watching it again on Sky box sets post Breaking Bad and Sopranos, and excellent though they were, The Wire is still head and shoulders above all else.

jambourgie
    Free Member

It’s true. I’m gonna have to give it a year or so before I watch it again though. Must’ve watched it all about seven times.

gordimhor

The Wire is what television was invented for.

jambourgie
    Free Member

Check out ‘The Corner’. Same subject, same guys that made The Wire. A lot of the same actors too.

cynic-al
    Free Member

Yeah. Just enjoyed S1-4 of BB but think its about time (3 years) to watch the Wire again.

I was even more bereft after 6 Feet Under.

grum
    Free Member

I watched The Wire for the third time recently (!) and I though it seemed a bit dated somehow. Still amazing but didn’t quite have the same appeal.

Pigface
    Free Member

True dat, last night I watched the court scene when Omar stitches up Bird and it is so good. Sad to read that the actor who played Prop Jo died last year.

bigyinn
    Free Member

Never watched any of the series mentioned above. Or Lost etc. Am I missing something important?

grum
    Free Member

The Wire is well worth watching. Lost not so much.

johndoh
    Free Member

24 is one I think I could watch a second time.

Never got to the later series of The Wire (busy period of my life after series 4, and heard they weren’t as good so didn’t get around to them). Might have to re-start from the beginning.

oldboy
    Free Member

Watched The Wire for the second time earlier this year. Enjoyed all but the final season, which seemed even less plausible this time around than it did the first.

DezB
    Free Member

Still got all series of The Wire unwatched on my Sky+. Watch them occasionally and it’s great. Prefer Southland though, to be honest.

oldboy
    Free Member

If you liked The Wire, the books by George Pelicanos are brilliant.

franksinatra

Drac

Started watching it the other week it does seem pretty good but I’ve not finished Breaking Bad yet so it’ll have to wait and if this weather continues it’s got no chance.

tightywighty
    Free Member

bigyinn – Member

Never watched any of the series mentioned above. Or Lost etc. Am I missing something important

Don’t bother with Lost, the ending will make you want to gouge your eyes out with rusty spoons. Especially after the writers strike season where virtually nothing happens.

Breaking Bad, GOT, The Wire all good though.

johndoh
    Free Member

Don’t bother with Lost, the ending…

Don’t bother with lost after the first two episodes – it really was an ‘all downhill’ series (although I do recall it picking up briefly at about series 3).

sandwicheater

Just finished season two last night. Silly silly Ziggy.

Is taking ages. Have to keep on stopping to explain what is happening to the Mrs.

AlexSimon

Never really watch things twice, but I might make an exception for The Wire. I really enjoyed the ‘making of’ book too.

Lost ultimately was a real disappointment.

Like they knew the beginning and the end, but made everything up in between as they went along, knowing full well that they couldn’t explain any of it, nor felt obligated to.

Our brains were trying to work out a puzzle from the very beginning, yet they just gave clues to the next bit of nonsense, not any final ‘solution’.

I enjoyed the fact that at the time everyone was simultaneously puzzled, but in retrospect it’s hard to recommend anyone watch it despite some classic characters and moments.

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘Its still the best!!’ is closed to new replies.