Viewing 13 posts - 41 through 53 (of 53 total)
  • It's September so lets see those winter road bikes.
  • CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

You clearly need a style consultant. Seek guidance in your LBS immediately! 😉

jerrys
    Free Member

i don’t think i could cope with the pitying looks from Stonehenge Cycles, I’m easily upset 🙂

tomlevell

All year winter bike.

[url=https://flic.kr/p/jxCj87]Just needed to get on top of things[/url] by tomlevell, on Flickr

Now with nicer wheels and tyres that don’t clog the mudguards as soon as they see some offroad action.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

😀

trailofdestruction
    Free Member

[/url]

Finished building on Saturday tea time, so did a quick shakedown ride to shop for wine.

Well, it’d be rude not too.

Total cost £650 with the frame fork and wheels coming from Bregante and half of the the drivechain coming from Gee76, both of whom were an absolute pleasure to deal with.

Thank you chaps. Mudguards will be added later, but for now the sun is till shining, so I will try and get in as many dry miles as I can.

My first road bike build as well, and about 99% happy with the result. Need to get a bit better at wrapping bar tape.

fasthaggis

Only joking ,my winter bike is still in bits 😉

Whathaveisaidnow
    Free Member

Falcon Scorpio (?) 1987

Taken guards off to straighten and clean, will be put back on soon as I find some new tyres for it.

Proper melting pot of parts… sr crank, malliard hubs, rigida Chromix rims, huret shifters, Big S altus rear mech, weinmann brakes.

No bottle cage mounts, yup its for short winter duties!

Money spent to date £26

dirtyrider
    Free Member

Only joking ,my winter bike is still in bits

apart from your winter chainset looking quite out of place

damitamit
    Free Member

TiRed

Only the frame, brake levers and cranks are original. Low end steel with carbon monocoque forks (and mudguard eyelets!), handbuilt wheels and SKS P35 mudguards. Sub 10 kilos as shown, and 9.5 kilos when stripped down with summer Ritchey WCS forks. Three rear lights including a fenderbot, and a Cateye Strada on the front. Summer: 42×15, winter 42×16.

The ride is sublime. I’d like to replace the steel frame with Ti, but it would only be a pound lighter and ride the same!

mrblobby
    Free Member

TiRed, I rather like that.

Finally got a half decent photo…

Now got some 10sp 105 in the spares box to replace the 9sp Tiagra. Quite fancy replacing the frame with something nice from Kinesis though.

will
    Free Member

Huge fan of the old Trek geometry. Nice bike that.

neilsonwheels
    Free Member

Winter build now finished, fitted a pair of sks chromoplastic p35’s and she is ready for the elements.

Viewing 13 posts - 41 through 53 (of 53 total)

The topic ‘It's September so lets see those winter road bikes.’ is closed to new replies.