Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • It's Saturday night and I'm bored – let's buy me a new bike…
  • swoosh
    Free Member

In all seriousness I am after a new bike, looking for a 29er hardtail around the £1000-1200 mark and not a race whippet and not something with really ‘progressive’ geometry. I’ve got 1×11 on my current bike and I like it so preferably something with 1×11 system already.

Current likes of mine are the Boardman 29 Pro, Whyte 629 and Nukeproof Scout 290 Race.

Lets add some more to my shopping list….

wilburt
    Free Member

I’m a Superfly guy so that’s what I would recommend.

But I think I’m having a bit of a Trek lovin at the moment.

All Pr but they have it nailed.

follow me

swoosh
    Free Member

Like that Orbea!

Are all 27+ bikes ok to be run 29er?

swoosh
    Free Member
    greatbeardedone
    Free Member

Can’t find the link, but as reported on STW, charge bikes are going to overhaul their steel range. new 29ers on the way!

swoosh
    Free Member

Ooh, I do like Charge bikes.

Maybe the sales will bring a few more bikes into my price range.

mariner
    Free Member

Never posted a picture on here before so this seems like a good time to try it out.
    [url=https://flic.kr/p/WYnuMw]stooge dropbar[/url] by michaelandamanda, on Flickr

swoosh
    Free Member

mariner – Member
    Never posted a picture on here before so this seems like a good time to try it out.
    stooge dropbar by michaelandamanda, on Flickr

Not quite what I was looking for but it does look nice. I like the brown bar tape and brooks saddle

dougieb
    Free Member

I like the look of the sonder transmitters

swoosh
    Free Member

Sondor are local to me, might pop up to their showroom for a look

swoosh
    Free Member

Vitus Sentier looks to be good value. Anyone any experience of Vitus?

scandal42
    Free Member

I looked at that but the Marin Nail Trail at Rutland was much better value and looks much nicer in my humble opinion.

matt_outandabout

I’ve just had my 27.5 (large) Nail Trail for a week or so. It was progressive and trail bike without being extreme. The fork is waaay better than others in price range. It’s got wider rims, but not proper chubby. Its light – wheels much lighter than chubby bikes. It has a dropper. It’s ‘middle ground’. And amazing value.

Mines the 650b. I keep overshooting corners – a combination of chuffing fast and smooth and tyres less aggressive than I’m used to. I keep forgetting to use the dropper. It’s a hoot. New tyres will be on way after payday…

So far I’m well chuffed.

matt_outandabout

So OP, any decision?

swoosh
    Free Member

matt_outandabout – Member
    So OP, any decision?

I’m currently in discussions with my wife for a Nukeproof Scout as i’ve found one for a song. If that goes before I get the marital sign off the Nail Trail is looking like a close 2nd.

matt_outandabout

I hope the lumi one, as they look 8)

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘It's Saturday night and I'm bored – let's buy me a new bike…’ is closed to new replies.