Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • It's raining…again….show me your tool / shadow boards.
  • rosscopeco
    Free Member

So it’s pissing down again and I thought…why not sort all those tools out once and for all. It’s still a work in progress but most of the flesh is on the skeleton.

Customary MTBing stickers and ‘busted knuckle’ garage sign inc!

Untitled by Rosscopeco, on Flickr

Untitled by Rosscopeco, on Flickr

trail_rat
    Free Member

that actually looks quite good.Im not a huge fan of shadowboards

other than allen keys/ screw drivers/ base spanners that i use often on heaps of jobs i am not a fan of shadowboards. I prefer to keep mine in a roll cab.

like the busted knuckle sign – im looking for one i saw in our workshop (and have been for a while) from northern tool and equipment “Borrowing tools is for the weak”

rosscopeco
    Free Member

‘The busted knuckle’ sign came from Williamsburg Premium outlets in Virginia…right next to the best handmade ice cream I’ve ever had. Don’t know what that’s got to do with anything but hey ho…I did say it was raining and I’m bored!

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    D0NK

Would quite like a toolboard mut my mrs won’t let me mount one on the current workshop wall (the kitchen) When we move house having a man-cave will be top of my list for prospective houses.

kayak23

I think I love you…

smartay

Nice layout that, but wheres the overflow from the house, paint tins, ttoys, spare sofa 😆

trail_rat
    Free Member

behind the camera obviously 😉

mines always looks tidy for the camera – i just stand infront of the mess 😀

BoardinBob

Man “cupboard” rather than cave

andybrad

i pity the lack of tools that you need to space them out on a board.

pictonroad

I’ve just dismantled all my boards and binned all those handy open trays for screws and things. It all just gets covered in overspray and grinding mess.

Gone over to metal drawers half inched from an office clear out, nothing on the wall or desk (apart from a vice obviously…)

I suppose it might work if it’s really bike mantling work only.

trail_rat
    Free Member

pictonroad has it … last trip home i moved my toolbox to the other end from my benches and vices – keep it awa from the dirty.

rosscopeco
    Free Member

behind the camera obviously

+1

You have no idea how messy it was before that photo was taken! In truth, Mrs Rossco sent me out to clean it all up and I got carried away 😉

trail_rat
    Free Member

bored floating in the caspian – and im not sticking these on GJ as they would cruicify me 😉 – the rusty tools were inherited from a family friend – generally good brands – facom/vicegrip/molegrip/bahco but not got round to cleaning them up yet – clearly not been used in his latter years.

sobriety
    Free Member

My roll cab is full of bits of Aprilia…

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘It's raining…again….show me your tool / shadow boards.’ is closed to new replies.