Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • It’s probably just me but….[warning: classifieds mini rant]
  • therealhoops
    Free Member

Everytime I stick something in the classifieds section for sale a million other simillar items appear on top of it almost straight away. Take just now for instance; I just hit ‘send post’ and in the few seconds the screen took to refresh it was already third from the top. How am I supposed to sell my absolute bargins if you lot keep posting yours as well! I can try bumping it with new pics or offers to swapsie instead of cash, but as soon as I do BANG another thirty people have done the same thing.

off for a sulk

trh

wwaswas

free bump.

BigDummy
    Free Member

Frankly, if you’re not selling an Evil D.O.C to real hardcore riders who’ll appreciate it I’m not interested anyway…

Do you have a daughter you could throw in to sweeten the deal?

😉

therealhoops
    Free Member

wwaswas – thank you, it means alot 😥

therealhoops
    Free Member

BD – no daughter as yet

titaniumtit
    Free Member

Hey dude, it’s free for all on here and all for one.

Oh bigdummy just cannot make up his mind on the evil.

oh and have a titanium bump for free.

therealhoops
    Free Member

I’ve just employed a mega-genius sales tactic on my classifieds entry 😀

Jamie
    Free Member

bump.*
    ….but i do think there is something weird going on with the classifieds. If i was a cynic i would say alot of non-regular STW and maybe even traders are using STW as a cheaper alternative to eBay/Paypal.

therealhoops
    Free Member

Jamie – I think that’s always been the case.

Jamie
    Free Member

True, but it just seems that much more so since the forced relaunch.

therealhoops
    Free Member

tittybiscuits – cunning sales tac doesn’t appear to be paying off, time for something new

titaniumtit
    Free Member

They’ll be one born and come along and see it that’s for sure 😈

breatheeasy
    Free Member

Well, if they removed the facility whereby old threads with a new reply got bounced to the top it might stop all those annoying ones appearing again and again.

And of course stop people bumping their threads back to the top…

antigee

encouraging people to use tags might help – and my personal moan – put frame sizes in the headline

Stoner
    Free Member

Well, if they removed the facility whereby old threads with a new reply got bounced to the top it might stop all those annoying ones appearing again and again.

you mean like that annoying dipstick Puggsley:

1. WTD JEFF JONES DIAMOND ,BRISTOL BUYER Started: 1 day ago Most recent reply: 1 day ago.
    2. WTD JEFF JONES DIAMOND FRAMESET Started: 2 days ago No replies.
    3. Buying from US to UK import tax Started: 1 week ago Most recent reply: 1 week ago.
    4. WTD JEFF JONES DIAMOND FRAMESET Started: 2 weeks ago No replies.
    5. WTD JEFF JONES DIAMOND FRAMESET Started: 2 weeks ago Most recent reply: 2 weeks ago.
    6. truss forks in UK. Started: 3 weeks ago Most recent reply: 3 weeks ago.
    7. WTD JEFF JONES DIAMOND FRAMESET Started: 3 weeks ago Most recent reply: 3 weeks ago.

Trustyrusty
    Free Member

While I’m getting used to the new system in the Bike/Chat forums (glad to see that the Classifieds bumps have been isolated from the Bike/chat ones) It can be a pain for buyers as well as sellers in the Classifieds as the quiet threads very quickly dissapear and are only “bumped” back up after the item has some interest. If the OP’er doesn’t mark it as SOLD trere’ll be a lot of wasted interest, I’ve chased two “dead” threads this week 🙁

Just a personal view, but I thought that the old system worked a lot better for the classifieds.

TR

andygreener

BD- who’s got an evil doc to sell?
    Only last night I was on ebay and offered some money but it obviously wasn’t enough, and did the same today still not enough. I’m guessing it didn’t sell. Has your mate got one of somemink? Mail me please. Ta muchly.

Woody
    Free Member

therealhoops

Have to agree with you. It’s a pain in the @rse having to wade through threads that are days old and have been bumped to the top constantly…..and there are a few regular offenders who consider their sale to be far more important than anyone elses…..b;@@dyu selfish I call it

titaniumtit
    Free Member

Hello andygreener, – if you are serious about the evil, then it is moi who is selling.

Unfortunately, I have had a better offer than that.

if you want to discuss then post up your e-mail and I shall contact you.

ti-tit. 🙂

andygreener

Thats the one. Cheers Stoner. TT- mail me andrewgreen25@hotmail.com

titaniumtit
    Free Member

Yhmail Andy.

ti-tit.

therealhoops
    Free Member

the gall!!! selling stuff on me thread! oh well if you can’t beat them…here’s the frame I’m selling (including powdercoat colour of your choice)

Sim

As I stuck something on the classifieds 8 hours ago and it’s now 5 pages back I’m in agreement. I’ll have a word with the techno boffins and see if we can work something out to help keep things fair.

Woody
    Free Member

therealhoops

Check your thread – I posted 2 minutes before you posted above 😆

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)

The topic ‘It’s probably just me but….[warning: classifieds mini rant]’ is closed to new replies.