• This topic has 130 replies, 70 voices, and was last updated 1 month ago by Drac.
Viewing 40 posts - 121 through 160 (of 250 total)
  • It’s Pancake Day
  • Drac

Still lemon and sugar.

johnners
    Free Member

Saxonrider
    Oh, and how did this thread get resurrected after TWO YEARS? I thought threads were closed after a year.

And some of you lot don’t believe in miracles. 😉

Someone’s about to get his mind blown (again)!

And in these uncertain times I’m always glad to see Drac’s unwavering devotion to classic lemon and sugar.

phil5556

Just the one for me at breakfast this morning, forgot until I’d pretty much finished.

On holiday so will make up for it tomorrow.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    natrix
    Free Member

Surprised that it is panacke day already, it must have creped up on me!!!

Drac

And in these uncertain times I’m always glad to see Drac’s unwavering devotion to classic lemon and sugar.

Love others but yup still the traditional is my favourite

DezB
    Free Member

Hmm.. I have some of this in the cupboard and it is delicious… I wonder…

cashewwww

myti
    Free Member

Little fluffy pancakes with honey and bacon and a fried egg on the side for my holiday breakfast. Don’t think pancake day is a thing out in the canaries but I’ve done my bit.

zilog6128

Surprised that it is panacke day already

You’d batter believe it

Malvern Rider
    Free Member

As if three ingredients was too much to handle. 😆

Looking for some salad leaves the other day I saw a load of these on the supermarket shelf:

Garlic

I briefly inspected the tub. It appeared to be constructed of such thick plastic so as it would easily bear the weight of a middle-aged time-poor-yet-credit-rich person looking for an easy lazy answer to one of life’s conundrums non-existent quandaries. I right then and there wished to find that person and see if I couldn’t dispose of these tubs up their waste-pipe.

My respect for our species is eroded daily. Sometimes in great falling chunks, like a mile-wide berg of the Arctic Shelf falling away. Sometimes in drips, like the ever-present twittering of seemingly random fact-free verbs and consonants which somehow pool into the poison that passes for everyday/political discourse.

Lemon and sugar for me. Heavy on the lemon.

jeffl

Me and the kids all had pancakes for breakfast. 2 each with either honey or lemon and sugar. Then cooked up a batch of cheese pancakes and honey infused pancakes to go in lunch boxes. Pancakes for dinner planned as well. May go for an egg on top and finished under the grill. Mmmm.

yetidave
    Free Member

for our T1D daughter, low carb version of the simple pancake. 4 eggs, tub of soft cheese, couple of spoons of coconut flour, whisk to a batter. wish me luck…

poly
    Free Member

for our T1D daughter, low carb version of the simple pancake. 4 eggs, tub of soft cheese, couple of spoons of coconut flour, whisk to a batter. wish me luck…

I’ve never considered the pancake itself to be particularly high carb (obviously its not zero carbs) but its when covered in sugar and lemon, or nutella it becomes not so T1D friendly…

…interested to hear what your concoction tastes like. Because I have 2 coeliacs in the house and simple crepes would win me brownie points.

breadcrumb

I’m looking forward to the pancakes tonight.

Banana and chocolate spread. Will try chopping up a Mars bar too.

I have a feeling my 2 year old will be a bit hyper after supper!

Malvern Rider
    Free Member

I’ve never considered the pancake itself to be particularly high carb

White wheatflour, milk, whole eggs, cooked in fat. It’s basically a stack of fried-egg butties served with a glass of milk*

*Except now the bread is also fried and then sprinkled/smeared with refined sugar 😐

I can’t wait for tonight’s pancakes. Damn you, STW.

joelowden

Maple syrup and peanut butter…. Always!!

yetidave
    Free Member

Poly, not my recipe, it came from a diabetes forum. Flour, milk, syrup, sugars etc all high in carbs, eggs, cheese usually low in carbs. We have also found that pancakes tend to spike BG levels so try to avoid, but they are so nice..will let you know how it gets on, i suspect it will turn into a cheese omelette.

welshfarmer

Just whipped up some flour, milk and a duck egg and made myself a triple-decker pancake bake with cheese and salami filling. Served with home made coleslaw. And there is enough mix left to make a nice lemon and sugar one for later when the first lot have gone down 🙂

dougiedogg
    Free Member

Buttermilk folks, buttermilk!

Drac

Buttermilk folks, buttermilk!

This is a pancake thread you want the drop scone thread.

Milkie
    Free Member

Feeling hungry just reading this!

For main I’ll be doing American Pancakes with Buttermilk & Eggs Benedict, Parma Ham, bit of crispy Bacon & Canadian Liquid Gold that I brought back.

For desert.. Crepes!
    Crepe Suzette
    Kinder Egg
    Dairy Milk & Fluff (spreadable Marshmallow)
    Strawberry Compote with Thick Cream

Oh I’ve ran out of baking powder! Thought I could use Bi Carb, now been told I can’t, couldn’t find any in the shop!!

slowoldman

Drac is right.

Caher

Struggling; had to buy the Tesco stuff you shake. First two have been a disappointment.

toby1

None for me this year, see the chubly club thread for why!

Tracey

Managed to do 20 after the gym. Mixture of lemon and sugar, golden syrup and chocolate spread with lemon curd.

Even did one for the dog

Tracey

Drac

Not one for me work all then a leaving do tonight.

Cougar

I lost count somewhere along the way, but I’ve just eaten a pint of pancakes.

*burp* ‘scuse me.

taxi25
    Free Member

I lost count somewhere along the way, but I’ve just eaten a pint of pancakes.

I’ll make 10 out of a pint of batter. I’m impressed 👍

Drac

I make 5 out of a pint I’m less impressed.

GlennQuagmire
    Free Member

Still lemon and sugar.

Very much this.

Drac

It’s that time again.

Lemons shall be purchased.

perchypanther
    Free Member

The cake is flat, sheeple!

Research it.

eddiebaby
    Free Member

I worked in Creperia in Spain for 3 months. I may never eat another one again.

cloudnine
    Free Member

It Seems to have creped up on us this year..

Drac

It’s that time again.

I picked up some lemon sherbets sauce to try this year but of course it’ll be lemon and sugar too.

weeksy

American style, not enough baking powder so were slightly tough. Golden Syrup and banana.

thepurist

In keeping with bike industry trends, this year I’m going to make the batter a tiny bit slacker and I’m going to use a bigger diameter pan to really make the pancakes come alive. Hopefully that won’t cause any extra rolling resistance.

anagallis_arvensis

Can anyone recommend a good recipe for making fluffy American/Canadian style pancakes? I tried a random one that I found by Google once (can’t remember which one though!) and they weren’t fluffy enough.

SR flour and Baking powder plus use some natural yoghurt to activate the baking powder, let the batter stand for a hour or two.

prettygreenparrot

Nigella Lawson’s recipe works well.

Can anyone recommend a good recipe for making fluffy American/Canadian style pancakes? I tried a random one that I found by Google once (can’t remember which one though!) and they weren’t fluffy enough

https://www.nigella.com/recipes/american-breakfast-pancakes

derek_starship
    Free Member

French mustard (moutarde) and golden syrup.

Believe me.

Viewing 40 posts - 121 through 160 (of 250 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.