• This topic has 130 replies, 70 voices, and was last updated 2 months ago by Drac.
Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 250 total)
  • It’s Pancake Day
  • Drac

So time for the annual how do you have yours?

Strictly Lemon and Sugar for me.

aP
    Free Member

Will have ours on Saturday, but unlike lemon and sugar, and she like ice cream.

cheers_drive

Ham with cheddar and creme fraiche sauce for main. Sugar, lemon and golden syrup for dessert.

Drac

Ham with cheddar and creme fraiche sauce for main.

Sounds a right load of Crepe.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

maple syrup

*waves at the idave deciples*

carlos
    Free Member

Another vote for simply Lemon & Sugar

cliffyc
    Free Member

Lemon juice and sugar,maple syrup,Lyle’s Golden Syrup,muscavado sugar and cinnamon,nutmeg,raspberry or blackcurrant jam or my favourite lemon curd.Nom-nom!!

TiRed

Mine are made, wrapped and ready for lunchtime: Parma ham, Belgian chocolate flakes, raspberry jam, and of course lemon. Mmmmmm

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Alternate between lemon and sugar on one, then maple syrup on the next.

Hungry now!

Cougar

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0UIB9Y4OFPs[/video]

… and lemon.

fathomer

We’re having savoury ones for dinner, chicken in a mustard sauce wrapped in a pancake and sweet ones for pud, like others lemon (maybe orange) and sugar.

Bazz

I will be dining on both savoury and sweet tonight, the savoury will be chicken fajita with sour cream and plenty of jalapenos, followed by sweet with maple syrup or lemon and sugar (most likely at least one of each!)

dknwhy

Sliced Mars bar dropped in the pan to melt on top a bit…

thepurist

Tossers, the lot of you.

andytherocketeer

Pancakes and maple syrup for breakfast
    Wraps for lunch
    Bacon pancakes for dinner
    Kaiserscharrn (chopped pancakes with jam) for dessert

rennies for supper, and sod that 5:2 fasting nonsense

Ecky-Thump
    Free Member

kaiserschmarrn mmmmmmmmm

granny_ring

And it’s my birthday 🙂

Will have some for tea if still sober enough….Cant remember the recipe tho, what quantities for 2 people?

jfletch
    Free Member

MEAL

OF

PANCAKES

Ham and a fried egg is the winner in the savory catergory (egg must be crispy round the edges with a very runny yoke). Chocolate wins the sweet category (as long as you use properly dark chocolate, grated and then scattered over the cooked side of the pankcake to melt while the other side cooks)

RustySpanner

[video]http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Hw2CsBz_cKY[/video]

grievoustim
    Free Member

Had fluffy us style pancakes with maple syrup and banana for breakfast with the kids

On my own tonight so not ruling out some savoury ones involving pig and cheese

sbob
    Free Member

Lemon and sugar for me, but I can be tempted by chocolate spread and freshly grated coconut.
    I always fry my pancakes in coconut oil now, try it there is no going back.

Northwind

Hands up everyone else who immediately thought of Maid Marion And Her Merry Men 😆 Weirdest episodes of Time Team ever.

alpin
    Free Member

choclit and banannas

gf likes apples with cinnamom.

i’m hungry.

johndoh
    Free Member

Lemon and sugar normally, but (as we do fresh pancakes every weekend for the kids) I tried some left over Greek yogurt with honey on a couple of weeks ago.

Lush.

iolo
    Free Member

NUTELLA.
    End of thread

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Won’t be back from London in time for dd’s first pancake day (when he can actually eat them anyway) 🙁 so, it’ll be Pancake Wednesday for us tomorrow. It’ll be lemon and sugar for us. Though I might try Nutella and Coconut as mentioned above.

dooosuk
    Free Member

Main course for us tonight will be a pancake with stew served on top 😛

bikebouy
    Free Member

Hate the slimy,dripping,fried indegestion inducing tongue carpets. 👿

sbob
    Free Member

bikebouy – Member

Hate the slimy,dripping,fried indegestion inducing tongue carpets.

Indigestion?

Mumsnet is that way —–> you big girl’s blouse.

umop3pisdn
    Free Member

Crepes suzette, plenty of Grand Marnier…

Tracey

Golden Syrup

Lemon and sugar

Nutella and Cointreau

Not having much lunch so I can have more tonight

FuzzyWuzzy

Lemon & sugar, nutella & banana, maple syrup & squirty cream are all combinations on my list for this evening…

On a side note, has anyone tried the ready made stuff in the plastic bottles you just add water to and shake? Planning to make them properly tonight but an experiment a few days ago was a disaster with the ready made stuff, it never seemed to set in the pan even after 5 minutes (the outside would crisp but was still goo in the middle), I gave up in the end.

mikemorini
    Free Member

Chestnut puree and clotted cream.

mrsmouse
    Free Member

Can anyone recommend a good recipe for making fluffy American/Canadian style pancakes? I tried a random one that I found by Google once (can’t remember which one though!) and they weren’t fluffy enough.

Ta!

sbob
    Free Member

On a side note, has anyone tried the ready made stuff in the plastic bottles you just add water to and shake?

As if three ingredients was too much to handle. 😆

cbmotorsport
    Free Member

I’ve got a nice dish that uses haddock and prawns rolled up in pancakes, placed in a dish then baked in a cream sauce. It’s very nice. But tonight it will be lemon and sugar.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Will have some for tea if still sober enough….Cant remember the recipe tho, what quantities for 2 people?

Makes 5 depending on the size of your ladle/pan.

1 mug flour, 1 mug milk, 2 eggs, 1tsp sugar, 1/2tsp salt.

It’s not critical, 1 egg works, so does 4 (but you can taste the egg then), so does 2 cups of milk. Basicly anything with about the right consistency will work. More sugar in sweet ones helps them caremalise a little, no sugar and they look and taste a little anemic.

johndoh
    Free Member

100g plain flour, 300ml whole milk, one egg, a dash of salt.

Mix the flour and egg along with a little milk to make a really thick paste, then add the rest of the milk. Put too much milk in too soon and you’ll get lumpy batter.

Fry in butter.

BlindMelon
    Free Member

200g plain flour
    1 tbsp baking powder
    Pinch of salt
    1 tbsp sugar
    1 large egg
    300 ml milk

cbmotorsport
    Free Member

Put a dollop of flour and an egg(s) in a bowl mix it up, add milk gradually until you have a runny emulsion consitency. No need to measure.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 250 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.