Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • It's officially winter gloves weather
  • binners

Fundamental schoolboy error in not putting them on tonight.

I can’t feel my hands 🙁

jam-bo

Balmy 15degs on my ride last night…

zbonty

You’re not wrong.
    I get cold fingers and after trying on many pairs in LBS the best fit were some nice Gore windstopper ones. Also the most expensive ones at nearly £50 but cold fingers is zero fun.

Jamie
    Free Member

Soft northerners…

wwaswas

I can’t feel my hands

let the self abuse commence!

bikebouy
    Free Member

You know me, I’m a sucker for flash kit. But gloves ain’t one of the things I pay loadsa dish for, nope sire. I get the cheap thermolites from any supermarket, you know the sort £10.00 – £20.00 absolute max. M&S do a good range for winter riding, they’re the fleecy kind often with a small amount of grip on the palms. Normally they are long enough to tuck under your cuffs of your winter jacket just to keep the draft out.

I’ve been doing this cheep fix for years and years, I’ve spent soooo much money on expensive gloves in the past and either hated then cos they failed to keep me warm or I overheat in them and you know what the main thing is..

Snot.

Lots of snot all over the bloody things.

binners

Soft northerners…

Pffft! Other than my fingerless gloves, I was only wearing Speedo’s, Sealskins socks, SPD sandals and a full-face helmet

uwe-r
    Free Member

First ride on the new Aldi winter gloves today. There were ace although they are a bit on the warm side, it was 4 this morning and my hands were just starting to overheat after the 30min commute. 4 and lower and I am sorted this winter. Feet were cold though, I will have to dig some warm socks out.

lemonysam
    Free Member

Nah, this time of year it’s summer gloves plus this sort of thing: http://www.facewest.co.uk/Marmot-Stretch-Wrist-Gaiter.html

Save the winter gloves for when it’s properly bitter.

mrlebowski
    Free Member

Binners you were over-dressed!

I rode to work in I’m my Gore WindStopper Mankini & nothing else!

federalski
    Free Member

Wore my full finger gloves for about 6 miles before admitting I was too hot yesterday. And that was in Antarticascotland…

samuri
    Free Member

Normal gloves here for the time being for me. And that’s at 6 in the morning. Still not got my old ALDI winter coat out yet as I’d be sweating cobs in it. I must have had that coat 4 years now, cost me twenty quid and has been absolutely brilliant!

tonyd

It’s practically balmy darn sarf!

Rusty-Shackleford
    Free Member

bikebouy – Member

Lots of snot all over the bloody things.Then pop them in the washing machine, ya dirty bastard!

ahwiles
    Free Member

bikebouy – Member

Snot.

Lots of snot all over the bloody things.

drink less milk.

bikebouy
    Free Member

And thats my point, snot and cheap gloves.. bang em in the washing m/c and alls well.

And repeat.

And repeat.

All for £20.00

Kryton57

The weather says 1 degree in the SE tomorrow *looks for winter gloves*

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘It's officially winter gloves weather’ is closed to new replies.