Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 45 total)
  • It's officially over.
  • Onzadog
    Free Member

Summer that is. Ive been instructed to switch from the light weigh duvet to the medium weight one when I change out bedding today.

mtbfix

I was wondering about what spec to build the winter bike whilst out yesterday.

piemonster

I’ve actually started building a new bike for winter.

Although I ordered the frame from On One so I’m not yet sure which winter it’s for.

Haze

Just ordered a replacement mudguard for the winter bike, brake pads next…

thegreatape
    Free Member

Heating was turned on this week. Oh the shame 😳

Jamie
    Free Member

aphex_2k
    Free Member

Which makes me happy, as that means SUMMER is on its way to Australia. Lovely 24c today. Spring flowers and blossom starting to show.

zippykona

24………that’s too hot.

_tom_
    Free Member

Yep, was bloody freezing last night in the beer garden, hands were numb and I was getting the shivers. Its either the cold or my already poor circulation is getting even worse. Started having to wear my jacket on the road bike again already, luckily the gloves havent been needed just yet. Already thinking about mud guards and winter gloves :\

benji
    Free Member

Put mudguards on the winter bike yesterday, it looked so sleek and lovely, now it looks fit to ride in the dark.

zippykona

Saw my first ugg boots of winter yesterday.

bruneep

with mandatory matching CT?

piemonster

CT?

bikebouy
    Free Member

My heating came on too.. Set to 15c during the Summer, which means on the Coast, it’s cold 😕

Zeez, miserable sods. Yes, it’s taken a turn chillier, but we have a lovely Autumn to look forward to and hopefully a nice week or two weather wise. I seem to remember the Bank Hol and early September being ok last year.

crazy-legs

Pouring with rain here. 🙁

I seem to remember the Bank Hol and early September being ok last year.

I hope it’s better than this, I’m supposed to be riding LEJOG in early September! That’ll be thoroughly miserable in the rain.

MoreCashThanDash

Going on the holiday from hell later today – don’t ask – and this morning was my chance to get out for a ride and clear my head first.

Took one look at the grey drizzly morning, remembered I have a road bike that won’t take guards and got back under the duvet.

Next audax in two weeks time may be a struggle…..

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Going on the holiday from hell later today – don’t ask

Benidorm with the in-laws?

orangeboy
    Free Member

Your all wrong , it’s going to summer a while yet.
    It will
    It will
    It will

theotherjonv

Boring weather fact. We consider june-aug as summer because having seasons designated by 3 full calendar months makes it possible to compare with past records which were not as detailed as they are now (eg wettest spring since 1853 type comparisons). Hence spring is mar-may, summer jun-aug, etc.

If we were to use more detailed stats, to ignore the need to consider seasons as being whole months, and indeed why do they have to be equal lengths…. we’d probably designate summer as being late June until maybe mid-late September. June is typically warmer but wetter, but in terms of the weather being generally drier and sunnier, Sept wins.

YMMV, depending also where you are, but this bears out my observations in the SE of England. I’d be far more likely to plan a camping trip in Sept compared to June.

Thrustyjust
    Free Member

Swept the chimney yesterday, that’s the omen, I suppose. On holiday to the coast next week…………. with thermals and waterproofs !!

wrightyson
    Free Member

Cornwall for us a week on Friday. Hope it takes a sharp uturn back to warm weather.

MoreCashThanDash

Nope, Eurodisney with the in laws. Who are paying, so can’t refuse, and the kids and grandparents will enjoy it.

Would have had to refuse the Benidorm idea!

JohnnyPanic

Oh dear, I really need to sort out a replacement CH system. Been going to do it for years now but the thought of all the upheaval fills me with dread.

Meanwhile the (30yr) old system stutters on…

mattk
    Free Member

About time too. I’ve had enough brambles, nettles and hayfever for one year, autumn is by far the best month for riding.

mogrim

Chilly 15C this morning when I headed out on the road bike, got better later though.

bluearsedfly
    Free Member

Been in the lakes all week and now we’re back home a full hours travel south, it feels a lot colder here than there.

Think it was the rose tinted holiday shades that made it feel warmer, Mrs B has already mentioned the heating word this weekend which prompted me to hide the thermostat.

Set a date of October the 1st before she is allowed to turn it on.

emsz
    Free Member

I got drenched on my run this morning. like in the shower drenched. 🙄

thanks august, you’ve been great.

Del

pah! blue skies in the sunny south west. summer stretches from march to october down by yer! 8)

johnny

As far as I’m concerned, summer isn’t really over until the clocks change… However, I’d did steep a whole load of fruit in booze for the winter this afternoon…

jam-bo

CT?

Camel toe. Leggings aren’t always a favourable look for the ugg booted lady.

pah! blue skies in the sunny south west. summer stretches from march to october down by yer!

Indeed. Just had a lovely but breezy road spin round the moors.

tonyd

Just got back from two nights camping, was chilly but lovely. I can’t believe summer is over yet. Isn’t this cold spell just because we’ve caught he arse end of that ex-hurricane?

scandal42
    Free Member

Been out all day today on a lovely family picnic, football, cricket, rugby and al fresco dining.

You can stick your winter talk

WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

Sorry guys but summer doesn’t end until after the Big Bike Bash which is on next weekend and lasts until at least Monday.

CountZero

If we were to use more detailed stats, to ignore the need to consider seasons as being whole months, and indeed why do they have to be equal lengths…. we’d probably designate summer as being late June until maybe mid-late September. June is typically warmer but wetter, but in terms of the weather being generally drier and sunnier, Sept wins.

Three years ago I stayed in South Devon for a week, first week of October. Went for a walk on my first full day down there, Sunday, and ended up with sunburn!

JohnnyPanic

Hail in Sheffield this afternoon, in amongst the not incosiderable rain shower.

zippykona

Saw a woman this morning with furry ear muffs.
    Totally bloody ridiculous.

snakeysnuggles
    Free Member

the year is also offically over. I had to buy a 2015 diary yesterday…….

bigyinn
    Free Member

No its not. Its been dry and sunny all week here. A little COOL this morning at around 12 deg C. Should be heading out for a ride after work around 5, probably be around 20 deg roughly.
    Sure its cooler but the forecast continues to be good for my birthday on sat and my best mates birthday party, also on sat. So it’ll be cycling + beer + more cycling + beer + presents = happy me. :mrgreen:

ti_pin_man
    Free Member

wore arm warmers for first time yesterday and dug out long sleeve wool jersey this morning and long fingered gloves so yep I concur. Hopefully we’ll get a reprise but its a bit nithering early morning (6.00 am when i ride in) and the lights might be on soon.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 45 total)

The topic ‘It's officially over.’ is closed to new replies.