• This topic has 68 replies, 50 voices, and was last updated 14 years ago by Olly.
Viewing 29 posts - 41 through 69 (of 69 total)
  • It's official I'm an idiot…..I just totalled my bike crashing into a tree!
  • drunkenmonkey
    Free Member

Snowslave….I have discovered your secret.

snakebite
    Free Member

just a new front triangle dangleneeded….

singletrackmind

I think maybe some glasses might be a better purchase before a new bike.
    At least then you will be able to see whats in front of you.
    I reckon some T-cut and a polish will fix that dent tho.

br
    Free Member

Youve said you will claim on your insurance, have you fully comp?

Or have you tried your Trek dealer, to see if they'll do a crash-replacement frame – maybe less than excess in increased policy costs?

drunkenmonkey
    Free Member

Phoned the dealer who said Trek do a crash replacement policy so I'm waiting to hear how much/availability etc… I'm worried the lyrics are bonzaied as well though so fingers crossed. I think I will use a guide dog and a white stick next time I go out after visiting visionexpress. I wonder if they the do an 'idiot' prescription?!

snowslave

Now, about those scratched talas forks of mine….

Tracker1972
    Free Member

You are an idiot, I totalled my shoulder crashing into a tree, bike was fine 🙂
    6 months on and have just booked what will hopefully be my last physio session in 4 weeks time.

backhander
    Free Member

Can anyone name and fame the insurance co's who have paid out under these circumstances?

sherry
    Free Member

I would be interested in an insurance company that would pay out in such events. How much and where?

trail_rat
    Free Member

marks n sparks – with the accidental damage cover – fair pricy but worth it imho esp if you have a light weight delicate bike 😉

meanwhile my mates kona didnt even make it to the tree – it folded while riding over the trees roots !

rs
    Free Member

the welds held up nicely.

sherry
    Free Member

Is that with your home insurance or a separate policy?

trail_rat
    Free Member

home insurance

crocodilian
    Free Member

Covert

How about one of them as a replacement? I'll get one myself if my Remedy fails.
    Speaking of which, is there much evidence about that supports the claim that Trek make thin and bendy frames? I mean, have Trek addressed this as a problem or is it all internet gossip?

brooess
    Free Member

Time you went to Specsavers? 🙂

drunkenmonkey
    Free Member

After checking my insurance docs through my new bottle thick prescription glasses my normal contents insurance looks like they will pay out fine, although there's excess to pay as yo can imagine. I did specify the bikes as individual items on the insurance when it was taken out. Saying that, I am waiting on a phone call from the claims handler tomorrow so I will let you know.

snowslave

karmic rays being fired at insurance wallahs

genesis
    Free Member

did you really do that on the way down drop-shore?

grantway
    Free Member

Hope your OK
    Change it for a Orange 5 or Alpine 160
    Santa Cruz Nomad!

spooky_b329

Yeh M&S. I think your first claim doesn't affect your premium, its only a subsequent claim that will start hurting. And make it difficult to get insurance elsewhere. I'd probably only claim if the forks are finished as well.

ex-pat
    Free Member

Front wheel can't be great either I suspect…

Nasty accident though I reckon, glad you came out of it so well…

nasher
    Free Member

you should be able to get a new front triangle?

I_did_dab
    Free Member

Is the seatpost OK?

Scienceofficer
    Free Member

Although I didn't break my bike, I did fall off, from stationary, looking at a gate the other week.
    😳

In my defence, it was new and freshly installed…

Actually, that doesn't make it any better. 😆

stumpy01

MBR have got a review of the 2010 EX8 this month and one of the first things they flag up is the 'very thin' downtube & their concerns that it might be a bit fragile.
    I wonder if this also stands for the Remedy?

Hope the insurance pays out & the forks are ok!

votchy
    Free Member

Did you have any witnesses to your crash? I am amazed you didn't get hurt hitting a tree that hard, or did you really forget the bike was on the roof when you drove through the height restricted car park entrance 😯

genesis
    Free Member

Big accident to walk away from without a scratch, given the fact we get calls to rescue people with punctures am suprised you didn't phone us at the centre!

lobby_dosser
    Free Member

i would say your helluva lucky to walk away without a scratch.

At least you know the welding on the treks is solid.

Olly
    Free Member

bikes not totalled.
    frame is totalled, but its just another component,
    think of it as ripping off a mech or something….

Viewing 29 posts - 41 through 69 (of 69 total)

The topic ‘It's official I'm an idiot…..I just totalled my bike crashing into a tree!’ is closed to new replies.