Viewing 2 posts - 81 through 82 (of 82 total)
  • its official freedom of speech is dead, 1984 came a bit late….
  • Junkyard
    Free Member

That’s [ trolling the memorial sites to dead people] quite clearly a freedom of speech issue, there’s no clear definition of offense – many religious groups were offended by Dawkins’ bus campaign

SO we have the freedom of sppech to turn up athe funerals of peole we have not met and hurl abuse as they lower the coffin?
    Perhaps we should be allowed to turn up at the weddings of strangers and call the bride a slag ?
    In what sense is this freedom of speech?I dont see it it is freesom to be abusive whic is not the same thing at all.

No one has the right to be offensive just for the sake of being offensive and that si what is happening here.
    yes sometimes making a legitimate point[dawkins*] offends some people if there is a point then it needs to be balanced. The tweets and the comments have no point other than to cause offence. I am not sure why anyone would want to defend this or think it is some sort if noble freedom of expression issue we all need to support.

* their view of what happens to non believer and their view of us is pretty offensive as well but they think they can call us all sinners destined to hell and call gays but we cannot comment back or we are intolerant…that is just double standards IMHO.

BermBandit
    Free Member

ohnohesback – Member
    So ‘what is acceptable’ is now defined by the people who are most offended by what is said?

Dear God are there really articulate people in this world who perceive what that hateful git did was exercising freedom of speech? If you do try remembering that when I walk up to your wife/husband, daughter/son or girlfriend/boyfriend and launch into a tirade of foul mouthed abuse, asking them such delightful things as whether they’d like to see my genitals and whether I can touch them inappropriately etc etc. My right to freedom of speech?? Of course not.

Do not mistake the right to free speech with some fanciful idea that your forebears fought a war to keep your right to foully abuse others. They didn’t, and there is no such right and never has been.

Freedom of speech??….next thing you’ll be telling me is that you have a black mate and your kids go to school with one so obviously you aren’t a racist. Wake up and take a look at yourself will yer?

Viewing 2 posts - 81 through 82 (of 82 total)

The topic ‘its official freedom of speech is dead, 1984 came a bit late….’ is closed to new replies.