Viewing 18 posts - 41 through 58 (of 58 total)
  • its not new but it kinda looks it… (ton look away now)
  • slowrider
    Free Member

thats right ton, bought it cos mbr and dirt told me to, polished it cos steve jones did then fitted silly wide bars cos doody told me they were cool.

baa!

slowrider
    Free Member

nonk, aha!

ton

slowrider, i was not taing the pis5, i posted one of these……. 😉
    i ride with a group of 20 or so lads, 15 or 16 of them ride fives………………………i wonder why………….

cos they a **** good.

grantway
    Free Member

How the hell did it weigh 33 lbs ?
    Nice finished, weight added by the letters.
    You have had the frame clear lacquered or sealed?

mboy
    Free Member

mboy, no megas for me. i need this much skill compensation for the peak! ill probably pick up a short cage mech if i decide to stick with the single ring, just testing for now really.

A single ring for XC riding in the Peaks! Respect to you mate… I wouldn't manage it for sure…

slowrider
    Free Member

i know ton, i wasnt taking offence, just taking the p1ss out of myself.

clear powder coated grantway

I_Ache
    Free Member

What bars and stem are they? They look bloody good.

timbur
    Free Member

You've done well there lad. Nice one :O)

DaveyBoyWonder
    Free Member

Awesome! Apart from those car letters – they're the single most stupid/chavvy/awful/cheap/disgusting thing I've ever seen on this forum (and this forum contains images and discussions about CX and road bikes sometimes!).

Other than that though, its beautiful. My other slight bug bear is the dropping of the front rings… not my thing (I'd rather run double/bash) and there doesn't seem to be that much point other than a slight weight saving (which you then put back on due to the need for a chain device) and a myth that its less maintenance which I don't believe. On a SS, yes. On a 1×9, really?

I_Ache
    Free Member

But it looks more gnar!

slowrider
    Free Member

andy m, straitline stem, burgtec bar.

dbw, i feel like my lettering deserves an award for provoking such a reaction!
    the front ring thing wasnt really a weight saving thing to begin with, i never use my granny ring after riding a blur 4x for so long which pedalled so bad in granny i just got out the habit. now when i use it i kind of mentally psyche myself out by doing so. i also drop my chain with annoying frequency on anything rocky despite running it as short as poss, i tried using a blackspire stinger plus a few failed bodge attempts but nothing really worked. once i had decided to go single ring i thought i may as well get a decent lightweight one. i didnt even know about the maintenance myth.

andy m, that too. rad to the power of sick!

twang
    Free Member

Tom, your a mentalist
    I need to see it in the flesh before I comment. Agree with the nasty letters though…get em off.

What about polished fork lowers? mmmm

slowrider
    Free Member

if you dont like em then they stay! whether i like them or not theres no way im caving to peer pressure now. seeing it in the flesh might mean you have to ride in the mud though fella!

JohnnyPanic

Wow!
    Have to ask – was the paint just polished off or is some sort of chemical stripping involved?
    And, just to be vulgar, what was the cost?

slowrider
    Free Member

the paint was removed by a company called prostrip in notts. they used a caustic somethingorother specifically for aluminium alloys, cost £40, it was then polished by blumax in notts for £60 and then lacquered by thornix for a further £60. it was a bit more than i had expected but im happy with it.

Gephaudio
    Free Member

Great looking bike, any possibilty of putting a line of moving LEDs on the front and getting the bike to make Cylon noises, would be a laugh for night rides! 😀

epicsteve
    Free Member

IMHO that's a horrible looking bike, but then that's pretty much true of all Orange full-sussers (although not usually try of their hardtails). Not that it'd stop me buying one though, as I know they're great bikes.

slowrider
    Free Member

i have to admit epicsteve, that, like yourself, i would never choose a five as contender for best looking bike. i test rode half a dozen that fitted what i wanted and looks wise i was torn between a roscoe and a lapierre but just had so much fun on the 5 so went for that instead. never liked the colour but i was off ot the alps 2 weeks after i bought it and it was the only colour they had in stock, i could have waited less than a week for a red one but wanted to get some miles in on it before my hols and TBH wasnt that fussed on the red either.

it really does ride nice though.

Viewing 18 posts - 41 through 58 (of 58 total)

The topic ‘its not new but it kinda looks it… (ton look away now)’ is closed to new replies.