Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • It's not all bad news – we've officially lost our AAA credit rating…
  • dannybgoode

Oh wait.

All the austerity, quantitive easing, fiscal tightening of belts since 2007 to maintain it.

One of the few countries in the world to do so.

Gone.

Madness.

Government bonds are now running at 1 % yield making them deeply unattractive to investors.

Ah well, we have control of our borders…

alanl
    Free Member

Give it a rest, you’ve said everything you need to (and everyone else too) over the last few days.
    More wingeing about short term financial problems isnt of interest to most here, maybe join a political group to moan about the next disaster that may hit us in a few years time?

TrailriderJim
    Free Member

It’s only been two working days, there’s years of this shit to come!

Rorschach
    Free Member

Yes do stop talking about it….it is very bothersome and will go away if you just ignore it I’m sure.

SaxonRider

How’re the trails out your way, then? 😛

SaxonRider

Double Post

dannybgoode

I thought we lived in a democracy. Part of that is being allowed to debate and discuss.

We’ll all calm down in a week or so and start sorting this shit out…

And of course I’m sure there would not have been one post from Leavers if the result had gone the other way 😉

philxx1975
    Free Member

I thought we lived in a democracy. Part of that is being allowed to debate piss and discuss moan

Which is fine

dannybgoode

And I didn’t realise this. This shit does matter…

Corporate governance expert Lucy Marcus points out that some UK companies could now face higher borrowing costs, following S&P’s move.

This will have serious knock on effects for all UK based businesses.

That’s because a company can’t have a higher credit rating than its own country [because sovereign states, and their central banks, are the lenders of last resort, in times of crisis]

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘It's not all bad news – we've officially lost our AAA credit rating…’ is closed to new replies.