Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • It’s not about the bike (It’s all about Lance!)
  • ourmaninthenorth

No, no, no.

I_did_dab
    Free Member

So they’ll stop the film before the bit where he ditches his wife (who nursed him) and kids who had followed him around the world supporting him for a rockstar…

I lost respect for him at that point.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Will they be covering the bit where he was boffing popster teenage twins Mary Kate and Ashley?

roper
    Free Member

I’m only guessing here, but I reckon they will concentrate on him winning the Tour de France a record seven consecutive times, surviving Cancer, setting up and funding a cancer support and research charity and being an inspiration for many people to take up cycling. 😉

yossarian
    Free Member

top cyclist, driven campaigner, fricking tosspot of a human being.

not all successful people are nice shocker!

Swiftacular
    Free Member

CFH, was he realling boffing the Olsen Twins?
    If so then i have gained respect for him.

DezB
    Free Member

CaptainFlashheart – Member
    Will they be covering the bit where he was boffing popster teenage twins Mary Kate and Ashley?

I’ll only watch it if they do 🙂

antigee

I’m with Swiftacular on this one – impressed

roper
    Free Member

It’s certainly NOT about the bike now.

BigDummy
    Free Member

You see, while this is, in a huge number of ways, a terrible idea, I already know that it will reduce me to tears.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

if true he deserves a high five,

if its lies that has the potential to be the best internet rumour ever!

MrSmith
    Free Member

will they dwell on the recent retesting of numbered blood/urine samples and the subsequent detective work of a french journalist that obtained the names from the UCI to match up to the numbers that reveal lance is/was a doper?
    http://nyvelocity.com/content/interviews/2009/michael-ashenden

aP
    Free Member

I don’t own a single item of USPS clothing, or Astana fir that matter, or anything made by Trek. Does that mean that I’ll be ineligible to see this “biopic”?
    Oh, good.

Swiftacular
    Free Member

This could shape up to be the film of the decade 😉

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

its true!

7tdf wins and an olsen twin!

some people get all the luck!

BigDummy
    Free Member

Thing is, if they actually manage to film some seriously exciting bike racing scenes, something that swings between rough racing scenes with the intensity and ragged camera of the D-day scenes of Saving Private Ryan and the calm beauty of desert scenes of the English Patient for the mountains, team talk and science stuff like The West Wing, and perhaps a Hitchhiker’s Guide style explanation of what the hell is going on in the racing, without getting any more maudlin than the Flying Scotsman did then it could be awesome.

ourmaninthenorth

then it could be awesome

It could. But I’d rather stick with A Sunday in Hell.

And a private viewing of the Olsen twins’ oeuvre.

BigDummy
    Free Member

It’s damning though. A Sunday in Hell is decades old and hard to get hold of. Belleville Rendezvous doesn’t count. Breaking Away isn’t really the thing. Overcoming was gash anyway, even before every single person featured in it was disqualified. A really good film would be very welcome.

lovewookie

It could be great.

What an excuse for a montage!

*goes off and digs up Team America*..

wors

lance is/was a doper?

he has never denied taking EPO.

aP
    Free Member

Who else could they have in the film? –
    Tyler Hamilton dammit, not him (or maybe his brother?)
    Floyd Landis buggrit
    Frankie Andreu dammit, him too
    Tom Boonen sniff, nor him
    Roberto Heras or him
    So not many non admitted drug takes in the USPS team then?

james-o
    Free Member

Michael Ashenden

that really is worth reading..

MrSmith
    Free Member

seems to have been covered up a bit or not mentioned by the pro-lance cycling websites. the book ‘bad blood’ mentions how he would phone journalists late in the evening or on a sunday to catch them off guard and vent a torrent of abuse at them saying that unless they toed the line they would be ostracised by all the teams and be out of a job.

Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)

The topic ‘It’s not about the bike (It’s all about Lance!)’ is closed to new replies.