Viewing 9 posts - 41 through 49 (of 49 total)
  • It's not a race, it's not a race, it's…
  • benji
    Free Member

Did he proclaim to be your father whilst hearing him breath? if so it’s Darth Vader going for some cheeky singletrack before returning to destroy the rebel scum once more.

molgrips
    Free Member

I think he said ‘he’s a feisty little one’ at one point whilst chasing me.

Deveron53
    Free Member

Has anyone tried the new (to me) Strava feature: ‘flybys’? It allows you to see almost everyone who was on the same section of trail within a certain timeframe and distance who also was using Strava (on any activity, running, riding etc). Fascinating stuff. It’ll get banned though, I can see potential misuse…

molgrips
    Free Member

Could you then correlate that with yourself, so you could see the person who finished the segment at the same time and find out who they are..

Jason
    Free Member

Yes. If your ride is on Strava just click the Fly-by option and if they have up loaded onto Strava you can see who it was.

I often look at it as it is interesting to see the various routes people take, and also how far people have ridden. It was actually useful for me once as I managed to track down someone who had lent me some patches at Swinley (my son had trashed his inner tubes) and I gave them kudos – also offered to send them some new patches, but I am sure the kudos is worth more…

Deveron53
    Free Member

Last night I was horrified to have to cycle behind some bloke whose shorts were a bit low at the back. As I looked at flyby to check who the crowds of people on the hill actually were, I noticed he’d put his ride as a run… So I flagged it!

I find it fascinating to see people’s routes and the sheer numbers of Strava users on the hill at any one time. It works all the way back as far as you can go. I did a flyby check of a ride last June at Cannock. I think I almost crashed their server!

Edric64
    Free Member

Where is this Swinley you talk of ?

molgrips
    Free Member

Near Bracknell. It’s a good place to ride.. at least, it was a brilliant one until they put the trail centre in. Looks like some of the old trails are gone, but some are still there…

Tiger6791

Near Bracknell. It’s a good place to ride..

Unless you’re stuck behind somebody 😆

Viewing 9 posts - 41 through 49 (of 49 total)

The topic ‘It's not a race, it's not a race, it's…’ is closed to new replies.